Hauler = greatness

Loc

Well I read like 100+ posts about paddles and I have used Sandstars, Geckos and now Haulers. I just want to say to anyone thinking about paddles, buy Haulers. I finally bought a set and was noticing alot better response riding in the sand. When I was drag racing with my old paddles I noticed alot of wheel spin. When I put my Haulers on I launched the same way I always did and damn near ended up on my butt. So if your wondering, SHOULD I GET THEM OR NOT, just buy them you will not be let down.

Yeah the sandstars and gekos are good play tires for the sand if your wanting a drag or a tire with more hook your gonna see a major difference with the haulers. I like the haulers over the extremes myself there just a little tougher tire. I believe the only difference is the paddles are thicker and tougher than the extremes

Yeah the sandstars and gekos are good play tires for the sand if your wanting a drag or a tire with more hook your gonna see a major difference with the haulers. I like the haulers over the extremes myself there just a little tougher tire. I believe the only difference is the paddles are thicker and tougher than the extremes

I think you have it backwards. The Extremes have a thicker paddle and the base. Same cup and same height just more surface contact to the tire. The Haulers will actually bite a little better due to the width of the paddle (at least that's what I've noticed). Has anyone run the "Rippers" yet? Now that is one mean looking tire!

SP

I think you have it backwards. The Extremes have a thicker paddle and the base. Same cup and same height just more surface contact to the tire. The Haulers will actually bite a little better due to the width of the paddle (at least that's what I've noticed). Has anyone run the "Rippers" yet? Now that is one mean looking tire!

SP

i have had a set of each. i currently run a sls 12 paddle ripper.

i believe the paddles on the haulers are 5/8", the extremes are 7/8" and thicker

than the haulers and the rippers are 1 1/8".

and yes, my rippers look like small shovels..... :evil:

i believe the paddles on the haulers are 5/8", the extremes are 7/8" and thicker

Yep your right i did have it backwards, 12 hour shift whooped my ass last night hehe

For most bikes out there a normal hauler will work pretty well. Once you start getting into the higher horse engine setups the thicker extremes or rippers are better. I've got sets of both haulers and extremes and they both do wonderfully for where I ride and how I ride.

Just checked the website and Haulers and Extremes are the same height. Only Extremes are thicker at the base as previously stated. Just FYI.

SP

Just checked the website and Haulers and Extremes are the same height. Only Extremes are thicker at the base as previously stated. Just FYI.

SP

maybe it was the thickness of the paddle on the extreme that

made the paddles look longer than the haulers.

Extremes are 1/8th" wider at the base. http://www.skat-trak.com/paddletire.html

SP

They aren't wider, they are thicker. I dont know why you guys are stressed out about this. The hauler and the extreme is the same tire, one has a kevlar paddle instead of a rubber paddle. Now buy some, and go play.

I'm with SNOP on this one!! The only difference is the components and stiffness of the paddles, hence the kevlar used in the extreme. This makes the paddle stiffer, more durable and less vulnerable to folding under load. That is why they are said to pull a little harder!! A 10 paddle hauler pulls about the same as a 9 paddle extreme. After riding with the above mentioned set-ups, I would have to agree!! Just my .02!!