"The Welfare Build"For Flyhighprerunner

Good Thinking Phil. And no worries Paul...if it made it easy for you to get it legal, thats all that matters. I do have an AZ notorized bill of sale for the 2001 roller. As long as we can get something for the cases, really, we should be good to go. I would think that te bill of sale on the cases would cover the motor as a whole, and the one for the roller should cover everything else.

Yes it can be a pain in the ass! but I just went through the process and found it really wasn't to bad, I told them I made the frame "sorry Tim lol" Im sure it might be a little harder with a stock frame but as long as its not stolen it will be no problem, And u will need a bill of sale for the cases and the frame if its a stocker! I told them I had all the rest of the parts already! It took 2 trips to the DMV and 1 to the hp office I was there for 15 min when he came out and gave me my stuff and said good to go! I know its alot of BS but if they are catching thiefs or making it hard for them what the hell!

Exactly, just looking to make life easier for austin beforehand if we can. My problem is i dont have a bill of sale for the cases and thats what the cop wants. I have a letter from JB stating that i won the bike in the raffle and he was the final assembly guy. Im going to give it a shot as is and hope the cop will sign off on it. If not, i dont know what will happen. Banshee fever, i have talked to a couple of guys like you who said it was pretty smooth sailing, and have talked to others that said it was a nightmare. Bottom line is it really depends on how cool your local VIN officer is at the HP. He is the final answer.

Tim you are correct, the bill of sale for the cases should cover the whole motor. They basically dont care about anything but the part that has the numbers on it. The only reason i mentioned others sending in bill of sale for donated parts is that the officer told me the bottom line is the more documentation you have the better. As he explained it to me, they will take pictures of the bike along with any documentation you have and put it in a file. They need to justify why they provided you with a vin on an unknown vehicle. He could just be busting my balls, but none the less i dont have a choice in the matter.

Exactly, just looking to make life easier for austin beforehand if we can. My problem is i dont have a bill of sale for the cases and thats what the cop wants. I have a letter from JB stating that i won the bike in the raffle and he was the final assembly guy. Im going to give it a shot as is and hope the cop will sign off on it. If not, i dont know what will happen. Banshee fever, i have talked to a couple of guys like you who said it was pretty smooth sailing, and have talked to others that said it was a nightmare. Bottom line is it really depends on how cool your local VIN officer is at the HP. He is the final answer.

Tim you are correct, the bill of sale for the cases should cover the whole motor. They basically dont care about anything but the part that has the numbers on it. The only reason i mentioned others sending in bill of sale for donated parts is that the officer told me the bottom line is the more documentation you have the better. As he explained it to me, they will take pictures of the bike along with any documentation you have and put it in a file. They need to justify why they provided you with a vin on an unknown vehicle. He could just be busting my balls, but none the less i dont have a choice in the matter.

Yeah sounds like hes bustin ur balls a little! and like you said it depends on the Vin officer the one I delt with was cool !

As far as the build goes.....Frame is good to go on paper work..Grizzly had the cases ran through CHP and they are clean...As far as parts now,Austin and Chad will be posting the rest of the parts needed..Everything that Tim and I can think of for the most part should be on the way to them and anything that is needed will be posted as soon as reasembly begins on the welfare build..I would like to thank everyone for hooking our brother up..If you wanna donate some funds for the build to help pay for Topend,registration or other misc things pm Tim from Stellar Machine and Performance "Azcustoms" here on the HQ..thanks,JB

So this is what we need to complete this motor build.

1. Stator

2. Flywheel, woodruf key and nut

3. Clutch

4. Clutch Pressure Plate, springs and bolts

5. Tranny shifter shaft

6. Eccentric Bolt, Nut and retainer

7. 8 Head Nutz

8. 8 Case Nutz (The ones that hold the cases together underneath the crank)

9. All the top bolts to the top of the case that hold the cases together

10. Clutch cable holder and bolt (The black holder on top of the case)

11. Waterneck that goes into the side of the case (along with o ring and retainer clip)

12. Case seal kit

13. The 3 retaining clips for the tranny bearings and crank bearing (I may have these already)

14. Base Gasket

15. Clutch adjuster and ball

16. Cool head studs and o ring kit

17. Clutch Cover gasket

18. 3 Stator plate bolts

19. kicker gear

I will update this as I find parts and receive parts, or add anything I may have forgotten.

So this is what we need to complete this motor build.

1. Stator

2. Flywheel, woodruf key and nut

3. Clutch

4. Clutch Pressure Plate, springs and bolts

5. Tranny shifter shaft

6. Eccentric Bolt, Nut and retainer

7. 8 Head Nutz

8. 8 Case Nutz (The ones that hold the cases together underneath the crank)

9. All the top bolts to the top of the case that hold the cases together

10. Clutch cable holder and bolt (The black holder on top of the case)

11. Waterneck that goes into the side of the case (along with o ring and retainer clip)

12. Case seal kit

13. The 3 retaining clips for the tranny bearings and crank bearing (I may have these already)

14. Base Gasket

15. Clutch adjuster and ball

16. Cool head studs and o ring kit

17. Clutch Cover gasket

18. 3 Stator plate bolts

19. kicker gear

I will update this as I find parts and receive parts, or add anything I may have forgotten.

I got the ball.. somewhere.. lol

My parts should be leaving this week. I'll throw it in if I can find it.