Anyone run 3 springs with their lockout?

I have 3 heavy duty clutch springs I was wondering if it would be safe to run only those 3 with my lockout or if I should get all 6 in there somehow and if so how the he'll do you compress them enough to start the bolts

Thanks

I have 3 heavy duty clutch springs I was wondering if it would be safe to run only those 3 with my lockout or if I should get all 6 in there somehow and if so how the he'll do you compress them enough to start the bolts

Thanks

I ran 6 hd springs in mine and it was too much went to 3 stock and 3 hd

I run 3 oem springs. I start with a longer bolt in 2 positions opposing each other. Use those to compress slightly until I can start the other 4 original bolts. Once those are threaded in a fair amount I remove the long ones and replace with the last 2 original bolts and tightened accordingly.

SP

Thanks

With the way the lockout was designed you do not need HD springs. I tried 3 HD and 3 OEM. I went back to all OEM. I think that it works better. You need a little slip coming out of the hole.

With the way the lockout was designed you do not need HD springs. I tried 3 HD and 3 OEM. I went back to all OEM. I think that it works better. You need a little slip coming out of the hole.

My thoughts exactly. The centrifugal force is providing the pressure, not the springs. It is hard enough to get a little slipping from the lockout to begin with, no reason to over work your forearm in the process.

SP

I run 3 oem springs. I start with a longer bolt in 2 positions opposing each other. Use those to compress slightly until I can start the other 4 original bolts. Once those are threaded in a fair amount I remove the long ones and replace with the last 2 original bolts and tightened accordingly.

SP

So you only run the three own springs and that's it right?seem to work well?

just run the oem ones on it I tried running 6 hard springs works great harder to pull the lever back and then the 3 oem and 3 hard same results little easyier to pull the clutch back and finaly oem's and they do the same thing. the fingers on the lock out are what gives the results your looking for no sence in wasting money