Boss Parts Question

I bought a Boss Intake like 4 months ago, the rubber manifolds are perish as hell... I wanted to fit it right know but saw it...

Questions:

What rubber intakes do boss use on their billet intake, do they make their own or does it come from a specific bike or company like mukini ?? I heard there is a bike that runs with the same rubber manifolds as the boss ones, does someone know what bike it is, its for 33mm carbs?

I am from SA and it will help me out if I can buy the rubber manifolds local and safe me a lot of time...

Thanks

I'm not sure they have them where you live but here in Michigan there is a snowmobile shop that sells the intake boots that fit boss and quite a few other intakes. Your gonna need to know the boot bolt hole spacing on the intakes which i think is 2 15/16 on the one piece boss intake/built in cross over.Hope this helps

Sport Mart

36546 Moravian Drive

Clinton Twp,MI 48035

586-791-8140

I just put a Boss intake on and pressure tested it only to find that there is no gasket between the boot and the intake. I sealed it with yamabond and now it tests fine. How does everyone else seal those? Sorry to hijack.

I just put a Boss intake on and pressure tested it only to find that there is no gasket between the boot and the intake. I sealed it with yamabond and now it tests fine. How does everyone else seal those? Sorry to hijack.

I had the exact same issue, also used a thin layer of high heat silicon.

Funny you guys should mention that.

Mine are leaking, possibly leaking all last year.

I made a gasket, used no gasket, used RTV, used Yamabond, still won't seal on a pressure test.

Sorry to say, I'm gonna pick up some UPP intakes for my 10 mil cub.

I can't say if they leaked before or not....I never leak down tested my 10 mil cub until about a week ago when I tore it down and freshened it up.

I don't want to buy new boots...but, I might..not sure.

Funny you guys should mention that.

Mine are leaking, possibly leaking all last year.

I made a gasket, used no gasket, used RTV, used Yamabond, still won't seal on a pressure test.

Sorry to say, I'm gonna pick up some UPP intakes for my 10 mil cub.

I can't say if they leaked before or not....I never leak down tested my 10 mil cub until about a week ago when I tore it down and freshened it up.

I don't want to buy new boots...but, I might..not sure.

shit dave and i just got that boss intake i hope it dont leak............

Where is it leaking at? I've got one (not installed) and its got an oring between the 2 pieces and would use a stock gasket between the intake and intake track on the jug. I am confused as to where you are having trouble with a leak?

SP

Ive been torn between the boss and upp intakes still not sure as I can get them for the same price the boss ones look better but I prefer function over form.

Upp makes only a rubber intake that looks like the stocker but can adopt the bigger carbs. The boss one has only 2 bolts that hold it on2 the billet piece. Does upp makes a 2 bolt rubber piece for the boss intake??

The leaking usually happens inbetween the aluminum intake and the rubber flang that is bolted on to the intake.

The boots on my Boss intake have a raised area about 1mm in width around the inside intake flange. Held with 2 bolts. My Trinity intakes also have the same 2 bolt configuration and I have never had a leak with them and have used them for several years and pressure tested them I don't know how many times.

The aluminum on the mating surface of the intake shows that there should be a good seal there. This intake is for another motor I am working on. Let me know if you guys find out anything. I can always sell this intake on Ebay and go another route.

SP

I have Lectron carbs and it's very possible with the 14 inch air filters and the intakes supporting all that weight, it warped the rubber boots.

There is a steel or other hard material under the mating surface...