paddle question

Im looking to upgrade to a "hot hillshooter" 4 mill port job by HJR next season, but for this season i have, pipes, shaved head, pods, +4 timing with a +4 swinger. Would a 10 paddle hauler in the size of 20x10x10 be to much tire for me or will they work fine and end up working great with the 4mill? Basically i want a set of haulers but dont want to buy a 8or9 paddle set this year and need to get something bigger for next season. Thanks

For a hill shooter I would use a 8" rim. I had the same mods you want to run this year with 10 paddles I borrowed from a freind and they sucked. I went back to the trailer and put my 8 paddles back on. The 10 paddles hurt second gear starts and killed the top speed of my bike. This is on Oregon sand though your sand could be different.

20X10X10 paddles will be a better duning tire than hillshooting tire. if you are planning on doin mostly hillshooting then i would suggest either a set of 22X10X10 10 paddle haulers or 22X10X8 8 maybe 9 paddle haulers. my .02.

By "hill shooter" do you mean a dune/play bike?? cuz I know there really isn't' any hills to shoot out here.

If so.. then the 20x10x10's 10dpl will be fine. If you want to start getting into some drags but still have some play to them the 21x12x8 is a nice compromise. the 22x11x8 tires are very rolly because of the flex in the side walls.. I wouldn't suggest them for your average dune/play bike.

i would go with an (8) paddle hauler in a size 21X12X8 on douglas .125's.

that is what i had on my old dune/play bike. it was set up similar and did

really well shooting hills and duning.

X2 I run same tire with 9 paddles on my 4 mil but feel the 8 paddle would work well also. I like the 21" over the 20" and definitely like the 8" rim over the 10" rim. There is actually quite a bit of weight difference.

SP