RM stator High Energy Coil

quikshee

Found this new listing on Ebay, not sure on how "new to the market" it actually is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Bans...sQ5fAccessories

Anyone try one? If not, who's gonna be the first guinea pig so we know how these work?

Personally I'd never buy a "new to the market" product, but I know some of you guys like to.

I bought a 100watt stator from them and like it alot. I also have a buddy of ine that purchased one he has not had any problems either. I spoke to the guy and the phone and had good customer service. If I have a coil go back i will buy one from them.

Edited by TNTS355

I know he has decent prices but the products are not high quality. I got an adjustable timing plate for my 88 last year. I had it set at zero, the stock one was cracked so I got the adjustable cause I planned on putting some mods on it. Anyways it had alot of vibration at idle, I just figured thats how it was, it was my first Banshee.

I sold the 88 a month ago and had a oem plate from my new project. It was smooth as silk. The numbers were off by 1.5 degrees! The fucker had been running 1.5 degrees retarded for a whole year! It felt good just had vibration at idle.

• 1 month later...
So is the Dyna, it even bolts up in the stock location.

Can rust on the pickup or flywheel prevent a powerful spark or ignition? Does the Dyna bolt in the cdi location and take the place of the cdi?

Marcus

Yes, and dyna makes a direct bolt in cdi and coil.

So does your bike run a stock stator, dyna fs cdi, dyna coil, and has DC? Will the dyna adjust the timing curve so that you can use stock stator plate and timing key? How quickly will your machine come to life, 2 kicks or 10? I also think my weak ignition is causing me to second guess my carb settings, seeing poor spark or no spark will not burn fuel to well. Leaving me to think that I'm always fat and don't understand why. Thanks for your input.

Marcus

My son just got 87, only run on one cyl. Did whole speel of carbs, switch plug wires , everything I read on forum(wasn't member yet) Finally bought puller, pulled flywheel, cleaned poles on stator, wiped inside of f-wheel,cleaned pickup & gapped it. All good!! Have had to clean magnets and coil on lots of lawmowers, so IMO rust does affect magnetic field!!.