YFZ a-arms and shocks.

Corndiddly5885

Hi i was wondering how much it cost to buy used YFZ a-arms and shocks. I have been looking around alot and alot of people say that the YFZ a-rms and shocks do a pretty good job

They seem to be harder and harder to find but they are out there. i bought my set a few weeks ago and got lucky. the arms cost me $75 and shocks were $125 i think the average is $100-150 for the arms and $150-200 for the shocks. i finished my install last week and headed to glamis over the weekend and i am very happy with the improvement. good luck

They seem to be harder and harder to find but they are out there. i bought my set a few weeks ago and got lucky. the arms cost me $75 and shocks were $125 i think the average is $100-150 for the arms and $150-200 for the shocks. i finished my install last week and headed to glamis over the weekend and i am very happy with the improvement. good luck

that anit to bad. are they easier to install?

I picked up a full set (a-arms, shocks, spindles, and tie rods) for 300 bucks shipped from YFZ Central. It took me a good month and a half of lurking to get that deal though. But what 88-04 stated is a pretty accurate average. Around 150 for the shocks and around 100-150 for the a-arms. And another 55 bucks if you get those nifty little spacers from 2003LimitedBanshee.

that anit to bad. are they easier to install?

I started last night. Got the front end removed from my bike and the yfz front end and shocks lined up and dry fitted. I put the a-arms in a soft jawed vise and cut the excess with a die grinder close to what it should have been then used a belt sander to bring it in so it was nice and snug with the bushings in. Mullet Man's write up is awesome. I'm making my spacers today at work. Should be finished up tonight. Everything is pretty simple if you have the right tools. Hardest part for me was getting the ball joints loose from the spindles. Plenty of curses flying around for that.

I just did the complete 450 front end swap minus the shocks. I put a set of elka tripple rate rezzies that are 16.5" from eye to eye. They are about an inch longer than yfz shocks, so it doesn't sit low in the front. I would recomend getting the spindles, brakes and everything. The 450 brakes are freakin AWESOME compared to the banshee brakes. Remember that when you do buy the 450 arms you need to also buy some longer tie rods. I think the banshee +2 tie rods will work, or Speedy can make you some for $25 bucks or so.

Thats a good question. He said due to spring break it would be a few weeks before he could send them. I sent him money three weeks ago and haven't heard back from him since. I'm sure he will come through, spring break has to be over soon... Speedy, quit boozin and make us some tie rods!!!!

I started last night. Got the front end removed from my bike and the yfz front end and shocks lined up and dry fitted. I put the a-arms in a soft jawed vise and cut the excess with a die grinder close to what it should have been then used a belt sander to bring it in so it was nice and snug with the bushings in. Mullet Man's write up is awesome. I'm making my spacers today at work. Should be finished up tonight. Everything is pretty simple if you have the right tools. Hardest part for me was getting the ball joints loose from the spindles. Plenty of curses flying around for that.

now if i just get the yfz shocks, does it make a big difference from getting both shocks and a-arms?

now if i just get the yfz shocks, does it make a big difference from getting both shocks and a-arms?

I haven't completed the swap yet so I couldn't tell ya. In the midst of all this I found a bad bearing on one of my front hubs so I'll be out of commission until my new bearings come in the mail. Just when i think I'm in the clear I step in a pile of shit. :down::confused:

Edited by Facetious

I picked up a full set (a-arms, shocks, spindles, and tie rods) for 300 bucks shipped from YFZ Central. It took me a good month and a half of lurking to get that deal though. But what 88-04 stated is a pretty accurate average. Around 150 for the shocks and around 100-150 for the a-arms. And another 55 bucks if you get those nifty little spacers from 2003LimitedBanshee.

Completely agree with all of this, especially the last line... :biggrin: But yes, those are very average, normal prices that you will find on core parts.

were can i get the spacers? i know i have seen them before but i cant remember were i did. and witht the yfz a-arms how long of a shock can i put on?

I have the spacers available. I am the member Facetious referenced up above. I sell the spacers for $55 shipped to any lower 48 state, via Priority Mail, usually arrives within a few days.