What to do first?

I just bought an 02 Banshee and it has a few mods and i was wondering what else would help my set up the most.

It has a 4 mil crank, port and polished, fmf pipes, k@n filters, jetted and has stock head and carbs with about 140lbs of compression. I am running 17-41 gearing. I have run a 700 raptor that had a pipe and power commander. He jumps me out the hole about 3 lengths and by the time i hit third i am coming back around him and can toy with him on top end. Just thought i would give you guys some idea of how it runs. Im not sure if thats really good or not but it sure feels like its hauling ass. I had a modded banshee back in the mid 90s but there were not near as many 4 strokes with any power to run against back then.

I just bought an 02 Banshee and it has a few mods and i was wondering what else would help my set up the most.

It has a 4 mil crank, port and polished, fmf pipes, k@n filters, jetted and has stock head and carbs with about 140lbs of compression. I am running 17-41 gearing. I have run a 700 raptor that had a pipe and power commander. He jumps me out the hole about 3 lengths and by the time i hit third i am coming back around him and can toy with him on top end. Just thought i would give you guys some idea of how it runs. Im not sure if thats really good or not but it sure feels like its hauling ass. I had a modded banshee back in the mid 90s but there were not near as many 4 strokes with any power to run against back then.

I would def get a timing advance plate, set it at +4........get u a coolhead and up the compression, i cant reccomend a dome size as im not sure of ur elevation but ur head could be shaved with 140lbs of compression, but u can go to near 160lbs with the need for race fuel.... with 17 41 gearing u should be able to toy with him on top end hahah i would drop down to stock 14 if it were me to give u a little more ass out the hole.... but depending on ur riding environment if u have the room to run a 17 stick with it..... ditch the fmfs for some cpi inframes or toomey T5s....im sure many of the more experienced gurus here will chime in! welcome to the forums

I think it more of a home ported (not professionally done). I do mostly trail with alot of 1/8 mile drags in fields and i live along the coast of NC as for the elevation.

def. drop your front sprocket to a 14 or 15. without knowing what it's ported for, you can't really match pipes, but if it's just a cleanup, the fmf's will probably be fine. what fmf's do you have?

Home ported 4 mill jugs? I would be looking for another pair of jugs and get them ported with the style of port job that matchs how you ride. Then you can just swap the top end with no down time waiting for your only pair of jugs to return from the builder.

There is a lot of power to be found by a good port job. There is a lot of power to be lost too by some one that doenst know what they are doing.

Is there a spacer plate between the cylinders and top case or a thick 2mm head gasket? Or are you running a cool head with cut stroker domes?

josh