finally rode the overide tranny today

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I started my 10 mil on meth, it rev'd up to about 5 or 6K (slides weren't closed all the way, mental fart)

Did that 3-4 times before I realized to look at the carbs.

Needless to say, I didn't just dump it in gear and pull the clutch... Once I fixed the carbs, then I pulled the clutch and let it warm up a minute or two in 1st gear.

I wouldn't say it's critical...it's to lube the 5th gear pinion.

But still a good idea...

and it should be on every bike...:)

Not for us town folk who just use our bikes as a play bike. ;)

It has tempted me many times though It's so damn cheap to do. About $400 and never miss a shift again is awesome. I road one once but due to the shitty area and be being scared to backload it i didnt really get a good feel for it.

Who knows, i might get the urge to put one in one day. I can always sell it and make most of my money back. I use my 6th gear all the time so i could throw a bigger front sprocket so that way 5th will be like 6th if i go with a N down 1-5. A pitty splitting the cases is such a bitch and expensive.

and valve bodys in cars HELP transmissions, not hurt them. I have one in my lightning.

Edited by RagunCajun

Not for us town folk who just use our bikes as a play bike. ;)

i wouldnt think twice about not putting one in a play bike.

if i was to ever build another playbike, it will definately have

a duneable override in it.

what exactly do you mean by back loading it??

reving it up then letting off the gas in gear??

yes. backloading the trans is letting the engine slow it down, letting off the gas with

it in gear.

I personally like the neutral down option,no more slipping into N while dragging,another reason why I got it is launching on pavement is nasty with these tires,I found my self compromising launch force so I would have my shit together to pull the clutch and shift 2nd,no more of that shit,plus with no bar on my bike will stand up through 5 gears,problem is shifting under load,now I can shift keeping foward momentum

hey guys.. today i noticed the oil in the tranny (through the glass of course) is dirty as shit.. and seems to have some mettalic shine to it.. is this from the new clutch breaking in?? what the hell?? i have only rode this bike for about 2 hours since i put it together.. i am also hearing a strange noise..i double check everything when i put an engine together.. maybe i should pull the clutch cover off to inspect.

It's a knocking noise when the bike is running, even in Nuetral, sitting still with the clutch pulled in.

It could be just about anything under the cover. From a missing clip, to a idler gear hitting the basket, to a broken fiber...anything.

He's certain it's behind the clutch cover....(just chatted with him on the phone for a few...)

It's time to drain the fluid and take a look to see what's a been a rubbing under there.

Hell...it could even be the weights of the lockup hitting the cover....who knows.

well.. have you ever pushed your kickstarter down when your bike is already running?? that litle chatter clicking noise?? basically sounds like that, but a little louder.. i just drained the oil and coolant, from peeking through the lexan glass with a flashlight, it looks like the crank gear may be rubbing the clutchbasket.. maybe i forgot the washer behind the clutch basket??? i always double check things, but nobodys perfect.. i'll report back with some pictures of what i find.. dam. working on her again... lol