Trailtech Vapor

i tapped into the power wire the same way volfan did. i tried to bend the speedo mounting bracket too with little success, almost breaking it as well. i applied some heat and got it to bend just enough to be able to use it but i did have to use a drill to expand one of the mounting holes a bit so that it would fit.

be careful installing the magnetic bolt on the rotor. the instructions say 10ft/lbs and when i hit 8ft/lbs, the head snapped right off. i used jb weld to put it back together and it seems to have worked. my advice is to be generous with the locktite, and easy on the allen wrench...lol.

i wrapped the tach lead 10 times and it would idle around 1350, but it would spike to 2200 on the gauge (only on the gauge though because the engine was maintaining a steady idle) every 4 or 5 seconds. the advice i got from volfan was not to wrap the lead, but just run it parallel along the plug wire and e-tape it up. haven't had a chance to do that yet, but i plan on trying it this sunday when i get a chance to work on her a little bit more.

when i test ran it two weeks ago i was using a set of small 19 inch tires up front (thats what the last owner had on it, not my choice for sure) but i switched over to my 21's last weekend so i'll have to re-calibrate on sunday also. not too worried about that though, cause like i said before, i found it really easy to calibrate when i had the gps to correct it.

sorry, the allen wrench is for the stock rotor bolt, the sensor that replaces the rotor bolt is 12 mm i think

is there any reason the Vapor cuts off if i rev it high? the comp goes blank and cuts off...

i am running b8es plugs is that it?

i have ppr set to 2 is this right? its ideling at 1400 rpms.....where should it b at?

i'm running the r plugs and didn't have that problem. i think that changing out the plugs may fix it. the thing about new plugs is, you're gonna need them eventually anyways. my ppr is set at 2 and i was getting an idle of about 1350 so i think you're probably close. i tried the ppr at 0.5 and it registered my idle at over 2200 so i think 2 is the right setting.

cool, thanks for the help....Ima grab some resisitor type plugs tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Also why doesn't anyone use the spade connection option directly to the coil instead of wrapping the plug wire?

is there any reason the Vapor cuts off if i rev it high? the comp goes blank and cuts off...

i am running b8es plugs is that it?

i have ppr set to 2 is this right? its ideling at 1400 rpms.....where should it b at?

some people have had that problem and have said that the resistor plugs help nad some have had to run the unit off a 9v battery instead of the yellow wire.

and yes set the ppr to 2 since the banshees fire at tdc and bdc.

cool, thanks for the help....Ima grab some resisitor type plugs tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Also why doesn't anyone use the spade connection option directly to the coil instead of wrapping the plug wire?

i tried to hook the tach up to the spade terminal and it gave me some kinda crazy reading like it idled at 7k and revved out to like 20k. i dont know why. :shrug:

Edited by volfan537240

i like mine. no complaints. the mounting bracket that comes with it kinda sucks tho. i made a home made one.

nice banshee, like your bracket set up. :thumbsup:

hey do you think you could post a picture of your setup from the riders perspective?

SWEET! that's in the perfect spot.

guess i'm gonna have to steal your idea. :whistling:

cool. i just got a piece of aluminum, cut it down, drilled the holes, and bent it in a break ( i have access to a machine shop). i bent it by hand to get it at the perfect angle while it was mounted. best of all it was free!

sounds good. how do you like it?

i love mine. i think it was one the the best bang for the buck mods that ive bought.

x2. :thumbsup: good to hear that the plugs solved it. now go run the shit out of that thing :biggrin: