Trailtech Vapor

About to get me a trailtech vapor off ebay.....those who have it like it? I mainly just need a temp display, but mph and all the other features would be nice as well.....

Do i need any mounting brackets etc? or if u buy brand new does it come with all mounting brackets? Thanks

yep, i love mine. it does come with mounting brackets.. i made my own though.. i like it for the engine temp. and everything else is a plus..

I used to have one and sold it,I thought it was reading wrong because my temps were showing high.

Come to find out when i pulled the clutch cover off the case the impeller gear fell out in 3 pieces.

Moral of the story...they do there job quite well.

I think ill be getting another one soon.

Dan

About to get me a trailtech vapor off ebay.....those who have it like it? I mainly just need a temp display, but mph and all the other features would be nice as well.....

Do i need any mounting brackets etc? or if u buy brand new does it come with all mounting brackets? Thanks

appreciate it, i think im gonna go head and cop it......

i got one in december but havent really had a chance to use it on a good ride yet (still too much snow yet). it was easy to install, and the speedo calibrated very easily. i made one measurement, set it, then ran it and compared it with GPS. it was out 2 km (1.2 miles)@ 60 kph (37mph), which is damn close. i wanted the tach and temp gauge more than anything but all the other features made it a good buy. the factory mount is cheap plastic which could break very easily. i like volfans mount...simple, effective, and inexpensive. trail tech wants as much money for an aluminium (billet?) shroud as they do for the computer itself which is fuct. it may only be like that here tho cause getting shit in canada is more expensive. if you like gauges and digital instrumentation, i'm sure you'll love the vapor dude....

yea ill probally fab up a mount like volfan's, fuk paying 80 bucks for a mount that costs as much as the unit itself, i seen it on ebay but to costly for me... so ima have to change my plugs huh? makes since, local auto parts store carrys the b8es not the br8es.....

Just got it in today, instructions arent quite clear, which wire did you tap into for the power? also anything else i need to know?? tricks? hints? etc...... water temp guage is straight forward, speed sensor how did you mount the bracket and sensor etc? thanks guys for the help.

Just got it in today, instructions arent quite clear, which wire did you tap into for the power? also anything else i need to know?? tricks? hints? etc...... water temp guage is straight forward, speed sensor how did you mount the bracket and sensor etc? thanks guys for the help.

i tapped into the yellow wire under the gas tank going to the dimmer switch.

make sure you put the temp sensor in the hose coming out of the head so that it doesnt read the temp after the radiator has cooled the water.

as for the speed sensor, i tried to bend the supplied bracket as told in the instructions, but i wound up breaking it so i cut my dust shield and mounted it there since i dont use them.

i tapped into the power wire the same way volfan did. i tried to bend the speedo mounting bracket too with little success, almost breaking it as well. i applied some heat and got it to bend just enough to be able to use it but i did have to use a drill to expand one of the mounting holes a bit so that it would fit.

be careful installing the magnetic bolt on the rotor. the instructions say 10ft/lbs and when i hit 8ft/lbs, the head snapped right off. i used jb weld to put it back together and it seems to have worked. my advice is to be generous with the locktite, and easy on the allen wrench...lol.

i wrapped the tach lead 10 times and it would idle around 1350, but it would spike to 2200 on the gauge (only on the gauge though because the engine was maintaining a steady idle) every 4 or 5 seconds. the advice i got from volfan was not to wrap the lead, but just run it parallel along the plug wire and e-tape it up. haven't had a chance to do that yet, but i plan on trying it this sunday when i get a chance to work on her a little bit more.

when i test ran it two weeks ago i was using a set of small 19 inch tires up front (thats what the last owner had on it, not my choice for sure) but i switched over to my 21's last weekend so i'll have to re-calibrate on sunday also. not too worried about that though, cause like i said before, i found it really easy to calibrate when i had the gps to correct it.