Who rides Little Sahara?

dave5.0

I'm from Illinois, might be making a trip in that direction and thought I might spend a couple of days there. Probably have my bike, kids 90, a small buggy and whatever my wife will find to ride by then. Not sure when exactly I'll be going, first part of next month maybe. Do I need to make reservations? Campsites fill up fast? What kind of equipment do I need? Flags, spark arresters? How are the campgrounds? Electrical hookups, showers? How is it for people stealing shit? Do we have to lock up our stuff at night? Anything you can think of would be great. Thanks.

You will need flags that go to 10ft orange in color.No riding double unless atv came from factory for it.I always lock my stuff 5 gals of race fuel is a small fortune.The state campgrounds are first come first serve But you can reserve in Little Sahara Powersports campground.Both places have elec and water sites and there are some public showers.Try this site and it will answer a lot of your questions.there are also part stores and gas available at the dunes. :biggrin:

http://www.waynoka.com/littlesahara/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Edited by okbasspro

if you want a place the latest you should be there is on friday by 2 by 5 pm it starts filling fast.

about all the camps have water and power. south and by the dyno and north camp.

i would lock stuff up just to be safe.

if you can get there on thursday its usually beyond quiet and the sand is smooth depending on the weather, then by saturday welcome to ruts and shit .

You will need flags that go to 10ft orange in color.No riding double unless atv came from factory for it.I always lock my stuff 5 gals of race fuel is a small fortune.The state campgrounds are first come first serve But you can reserve in Little Sahara Powersports campground.Both places have elec and water sites and there are some public showers.Try this site and it will answer a lot of your questions.there are also part stores and gas available at the dunes. :biggrin:

Flags have to be 10' from the ground or the bike?

the flags have to be 10ft from the ground and you have to drive under a bar ..it has to hit the bar .. dont sweat the flags just head down there and any gas station or busniess sells the flags .. and most even have a replacement for free if you break it... i might be going first weekend of may if your going around then let me know....

the flags have to be 10ft from the ground and you have to drive under a bar ..it has to hit the bar .. dont sweat the flags just head down there and any gas station or busniess sells the flags .. and most even have a replacement for free if you break it... i might be going first weekend of may if your going around then let me know....

How much so flags usually cost, ballpark? I'll need a few. Not sure when I'm going. Maybe April. Still working on it. Hate to drive all that way and not go there though.

yeah budget in 20 but i think there closer to 15 just depends which place you get them but they always seem to have them.. i havent been since last oct so not sure if prices have went up any... they have showers just bring few rolls of quarters 2 or 3 bucks gets you a nice warm show.. depending how long you take ... camping is 16 or 18 if your in the state park area if you get camp at lsps you wont pay any less then 25 i think... and its 7 bucks to get in the gate for 24hrs... hope this helps....

• 2 weeks later...

Good info. There will be a group of about 15 coming down from Nebraska on May 1st. Should be a real fun time.

My trip went in the toilet. I still want to go one of these days. Maybe I'll take a week off and drag the family over some time. Trying to buy a truck now so I can pull my trailer to some cool places.

That sucks bro. It is always a good time at LS as long as the weather holds! To bad about your trip.

SP