FU@#in Pingel

tidos76

So i got a pingel without a adapter. I ordered an adapter plate from denis kurk for a banshee. The damn screws that came with the adapter plate were too damn long. I was tightening up the adapter and as soon as it was almost seated, about the point i was snugging it up. The damn screw bottomed out. I figured it was just getting snug so i continued to tighted it. next thing i know i feel the threaded part in the tank strip. I KNOW i was not over tightening. I faught with the damn thing for 45min just trying to get it out. finally i said screw it and just pulled the threaded piece and all out.

I thought great now i gotta get a new tank all because this BS company sends out screws that are 2-3 threads too long. So i called pingle to ask them if this was a know problem. He told me he had never heard of it and asked for the part #. come to find out denis kurk sent me the wrong adapter, the adapter was for a sportbike. I will never buy from them again!!!!

So i epoxied the threaded part and beat it back into place, got some shorter screws, and got it to work......I hope.

not to steal thread, but since your talking about fuel tanks and such...anyone have a stock fuel petcock they wanna part with for a reasonable price? i live in central IN. send me a pm if you have one.

i have one u can have.. put i think it wont turn off.. cant remember

hahaha, well then why the fuck would he want it???? :yelrotflmao:

pics of your girl or GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha that was random. But Dennis Kirk has been known to screw up. When I was building my 86 tecate 3 I ordered a kickstarter for it and they sent me a honda recoil rebuild kit?! I called and was like WTF, They asked for the order number and replaced my order and gave me a 10 dollar gift card.