Black parts or chrome?

haha, i'm such a dumbshit. i'm still teetering on pipe choices. One minute, it's a no question CPI, then the next second I'm like no, it's PTs.... I think they have therapists for shit like this.

Nonetheless, I'm having a really hard time finding a local powder coater to do a high temp. I know it can be done, hell CPI does it, but locally, I'm having trouble. So, my options are to order CPIs PC'ed black or PTs unfinished and finish them here. Since I'm having trouble with that, I'll probably go with chrome on the PTs. So now it's down to chrome PTs or black CPIs. I think the black CPIs would look way better but i'm fairly positive the PTs would much better suit my application, so I may end up with that. I've looked at the VHT stuff, they have a spray that you can use, then cure in an oven... seems interesting not sure my pipe would fit in my oven. Just don't want to hassle.

haha, i'm such a dumbshit. i'm still teetering on pipe choices. One minute, it's a no question CPI, then the next second I'm like no, it's PTs.... I think they have therapists for shit like this.

Nonetheless, I'm having a really hard time finding a local powder coater to do a high temp. I know it can be done, hell CPI does it, but locally, I'm having trouble. So, my options are to order CPIs PC'ed black or PTs unfinished and finish them here. Since I'm having trouble with that, I'll probably go with chrome on the PTs. So now it's down to chrome PTs or black CPIs. I think the black CPIs would look way better but i'm fairly positive the PTs would much better suit my application, so I may end up with that. I've looked at the VHT stuff, they have a spray that you can use, then cure in an oven... seems interesting not sure my pipe would fit in my oven. Just don't want to hassle.

i did the vht, but i just cured the first couple of cycles by running mapp gas through the pipes while they were hanging. a little taxing on your arm switching to the other end of the pipe every minute, but the last cycle was on the bike, and no discolor :biggrin:

the shit is verry runny when you spray it, so it took like 5 light coats.

Edited by AKheathen

I would say you need to figure out what you plan on doing with your shee before you buy a set of pipes. PT or CPI those are kind of opposites.

Kind of like asking what tire to run. Skat Trak Extreems or Flat track tires. Extreems work well in the sand and flat track tires wont do worth a crap. Flat track tires (american racers) are awesome on a dirt oval but the extreems wont be worth a crap.

Your now not just deciding on a look but more important, how your banshee behaves and runs.

josh

I would say you need to figure out what you plan on doing with your shee before you buy a set of pipes. PT or CPI those are kind of opposites.

not PT mids bro, the PT High Revs....

remember, i'm not a newb and this isn't my first banshee.... i've been around the block a few times....

Edited by sredish

I know your not new, It just sounded like you were making your choice between stock chrome pipes, and blacked out cpi's BASED on looks.

cool, not to really turn this into a pipe thread (the black / chrome questions were for the bike in general but the pipes are one of the first main purchases) but the CPIs, as we all know, are mainly top end pipes. I've never ridden them but they're not said to be the smoothest, more like a hard hitting top end which I'm sure is awesome. The PT Hi Revs have a very good midrange with and excellent top end overrev, as much or more than T5s, more IMO. Thing about the PT Highs are they are incredibly smooth, very progressive not really a 'hit' and the midrange is pretty strong so they truly are an excellent fast trails / dune pipe with occasional drag. I've always wanted to try some CPIs but if I only have one banshee, it needs to be something I'll want to ride when I'm not at the dunes and I think I'll regret the CPIs in the long run. Yea, they look cooler IMO and I'm sure has more peak power, but the PTs are the pipes for me and my riding. I've ran them before and know them well, so I'll be going back to what I know.

I do think all black would be a sick look but if I go with the PTs, their chrome is so strong and durable I don't think it'll be cost effective and favorable to try and do it myself or find something local. So, I'll surely end up with chrome pipes. I don't want to chrome it out so I'll still try and keep it low key. I may end up with a chrome bumper and maybe a chrome grab bar to tie it together and that's it but not sure yet.

It'd be nice if Cascade would make their stator covers and water pump covers anodized black; might just get one and get it powder coated and cleared. Need to cut the fenders and some other good stuff.

I just bought a bone stock 06 not too long ago, and i had everything i added powdercoated black. the whole reason i bought the 06 was for the murdered out look, i didnt want to bling it out and lose that. murder it! i have added ac propegs and a powdercoated LSR +4 axle since these pics, i will take some real nice pics when i wash it up, and before i ride it, because it will never look this good once i get it out on the trails.

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

Edited by official_style

i will take some real nice pics when i wash it up, and before i ride it, because it will never look this good once i get it out on the trails.

That is the only problem I would have with black pipes. They get any kind of muddy water on them then they water spot and dont look clean any more. I painted my engine on my raptor black and it is a pain to keep clean.

That is the only problem I would have with black pipes. They get any kind of muddy water on them then they water spot and dont look clean any more. I painted my engine on my raptor black and it is a pain to keep clean.

that is definitely once concern with the powder coated pipes... they're going to be a little rougher and hold dirt and water spots unlike chrome.