Coolheads

What would be a reason to take the cool heads off? It almost seems like people are against the coolhead in a since

to change to different dome sizes. you inspect the o-rings and replace if they are bad, but the are re-usable

I was told the metal head gaskets are reusable. You take them off to change comes, inspect top end ect. The bottom like outside of changeable compression, they don't do what they are supposed to. I didn't even notice a degree when I took mine off. They are for people who want to change compression, and looks.

So are the cool heads worth the buy?

And where could I get timing plate so I can bump +4?

The head is definitely worth the money! Look at it this way, you can shave a stock head, but then when you port, you would need to shave it more to keep the same compression. With a coolhead you could simply swap out domes. You also run the possibility of squish issues when shaving the stock head beyond a certain point. To keep it simple this will affect the burn within the cylinder.

I'm sure Jeff and pretty much any of the sponsors will have adjustable timing plates. My opinion, I went with a Ricky Stator, cast plate; I couldn't see twice the money for a billet timing plate. On some of your earlier questions, on a stock port, I noticed a big bump from Boyeson reeds up to VF3's, big difference in throttle response!