Which piston is better?

i think that the only item that i've heard on here in which the stocker is better than aftermarket is the stator. anything else i've seen or read about has been UPGRADED to an aftermarket component.

if your dealer is charging you $150 just for 1 piston they are RAPING YOU! even on the yammy dealer microfiche it lists as $71. but the wiseco's are the way to go.

Edited by MILO

1 Word

Google

Do a search of the site and the web before making an ass of yourself in the future.

i did a Google search some time after i bought my banshee, and this site came up. don't remember if i was looking into parts or something, but I've been on ever since. awesome site :notworthy: :beer:

Incorrect.

You can get a .010 and .020 over piston from OEM Yamaha, cast.

.25 mm or .010 over part number is 2GU-11635-00-00

.50 mm or .020 over part number is 2GU-11636-00-00

I can get you the ring numbers too if you're interested....LOL.

While technically you are correct, a stock (64mm) piston will no longer work once the cylinders bored, you can buy an OEM cast piston from Yamaha/Dealer for oversizes, or bored cylinders up to .020.

:)

Incorrect.

You can get a .010 and .020 over piston from OEM Yamaha, cast.

.25 mm or .010 over part number is 2GU-11635-00-00

.50 mm or .020 over part number is 2GU-11636-00-00

I can get you the ring numbers too if you're interested....LOL.

While technically you are correct, a stock (64mm) piston will no longer work once the cylinders bored, you can buy an OEM cast piston from Yamaha/Dealer for oversizes, or bored cylinders up to .020.

:)

I stand corrected even though like you say I am technically correct, thanks.

:biggrin: No need for the ring numbers though I'll stick with Wiseco.

150 per piston??!! thats fuckin insane. you can buy a set of wisecos, with pistons, rings, clips and bearings for not much more than that. 2 of them even!

Yeah, and $16.95 per main jet is fucking insane to..

I mean seriously, the only time I ever buy anything from a dealer is if I need it immediately.

And yeah, your better off using wiseco's rebuild kit as its cheaper and of better quality.