Where to install reed spacers ?

hey i got suckered into buying reed spacers and i heard you can install them in front of the reed to space them back or you can istall them behind the reeds. I now know they are for running bigger carbs to clear the clutch arm. im running stock carbs so baisically i got them and are going to put them on. what side do you guys sugest. i herd if you space the reed out you loose power?

Thank you!

hey i got suckered into buying reed spacers and i heard you can install them in front of the reed to space them back or you can istall them behind the reeds. I now know they are for running bigger carbs to clear the clutch arm. im running stock carbs so baisically i got them and are going to put them on. what side do you guys sugest. i herd if you space the reed out you loose power?

Thank you!

the reeds go in the cylinder, then spacer, then boot then carb.

so what is the best place to put these usless peices of billet?

Polish them up and use then as some type of holder on your desk.

Unless you have bigger carbs on stock jugs...

Behind the reeds (towards the carbs) is the common use.

In front actually does increase crank case volume a hair.

That may benefit some motors, some it may not. Probably nothing you'll ever see or feel in the trails or track, MAYBE on a dyno...a big Maybe.

That doesn't equate to a larger combustion chamber volume, it equates to a bigger crankcase volume....where the fuel is delivered from, not compressed and ignited. That's why I asked where he came up with that equation...