Re Sleeve

Hey guys, Im building a duner...

I am looking into the 404 re sleeve setup from Vitos (comes with sleeves pistons bearings yadda yadda) My question is, is it real hard to re sleeve the cylinders? i have a pretty decent understanding of how to take this motor apart and put it back together..(ive rebuilt my banshee, a handful of snowmobiles...) but I've never re-sleeved anything.

Now i understand that after the sleeves are in they will need to be bored to fit the piston. No big deal... But how hard is it to re sleeve?

Thanks for your help!

The big bore sleeve will not get you anymore power.. By increasing the bore they're further choke down the tranfers.. Best bet would be a good port job. Or.. If you go with the big bore sleeves.. the trasfers need to be welded and ported to make and real gains. But it gets a bit pricey when you have to weld stuff up.

The big bore sleeve will not get you anymore power.. By increasing the bore they're further choke down the tranfers.. Best bet would be a good port job. Or.. If you go with the big bore sleeves.. the trasfers need to be welded and ported to make and real gains. But it gets a bit pricey when you have to weld stuff up.

Right on thanks, so you think that a 4mm stock bore stroker would make more power than the vitos 404 resleeve... either way the cylinders are going in for a port job...

Right on thanks, so you think that a 4mm stock bore stroker would make more power than the vitos 404 resleeve... either way the cylinders are going in for a port job...

yes...

4mil with right port work will be better then 404

With just a port job? or with a 4mm and a port? Or a 404 with a port?

What port would you recommend, i do mostly dune riding, some (very rare) trail riding.

if youre thinkin about doing ported big bore setup, it would be much better to just get a 68mm cub. probably not much price diff either.

if youre thinkin about doing ported big bore setup, it would be much better to just get a 68mm cub. probably not much price diff either.

x2...after everything is said and done you could of picked up a cub and in some cases with pistons..and you could NEVER compair the flow of a cub to any stock cylinder set-up..my .02

Edited by tony cub

x2...after everything is said and done you could of picked up a cub and in some cases with pistons..and you could NEVER compair the flow of a cub to any stock cylinder set-up..my .02

So what if you wanted to build a big bore stroker built for the trails would you still recomend the cub?

The cub is king of the drags but not every one builds a drag engine.

Yea you could have built a cub for way cheaper than a big bore stock cylinder 4 mill but if the power is not where you want it why build it.

josh

My transfers still have some aluminum left in them. I think it depends on what sleeves you have put in. I can see the big 68mm plus sleevess needing some work

Here are some pics of the transfers. The sleeves are just 66mm to 68mm bore.

RH12.jpg

LH11.jpg

my trail bike is a 10 mill 72mm cub,so the bigger the better for me..at the end of the day you can spend over 1k resleveing and welding for a 72mm bore..i know thats not what he is doing,but why spend all that cash and still not compair to a cub..thats my .02..

A cub is not a TRUE trail machine. And Fire roads do not count as trails.

Your right a resleeved stock cylinder will not compair to the Top End power a cub has. Just like I said above.

Yea you could have built a cub for way cheaper than a big bore stock cylinder 4 mill but if the power is not where you want it why build it.

So what if you wanted to build a big bore stroker built for the trails would you still recomend the cub?

josh

he never stated his riding style. i was just giving him some options.

he never stated his riding style. i was just giving him some options.

Yeah, really I'm just a dune rider, my friend also has an track in his field that we goof around on. But the majority of my riding is in the dunes. (I would say 75% Dunes and 25% track)

I wasnt looking to do a 4mm big bore stroker... i was only looking at one or the other. a big bore or a 4mm kit. im just lookin for a little more power to carry my big ass around. im 6'1" 230...hehe I think im goin with the 4mm i found one for a great price with a spacer and pistons for 300. Craigs list is the shit. And i get my port work done for a 50 bucks case of beer, its a hook up through work :-) He works for DeMaegd Motorsports, its a local baja racing team.

BTW Jbooker, i like your jugs :biggrin: