stator questions

MILO

my stator has obviously been exposed to water many times and has significant corrosion and so on. i started to clean up the contact points and noticed that some of them have the plastic coating on the surface and only a strip of metal exposed in the center, and some have the plastic almost worn off and almost the entire surface exposed. is that a problem or will it be ok to use it as is? i really don't want to replace it if i don't have to. i'll try to get some pic's and post up.

yea, thats how my buddys looked.. it runs fine.. i would just go with it.. those stock yamaha stators seem to be built well..

yeah, surprisingly i've been reading about more and more guys just replacing them with a new stocker rather than aftermarket. usually aftermarket stuff is an upgrade, but i've heard nothing but troubles with other brands.

alright, i'll just clean it up good and use it as is.

thanks bud. :beer:

yeah, surprisingly i've been reading about more and more guys just replacing them with a new stocker rather than aftermarket. usually aftermarket stuff is an upgrade, but i've heard nothing but troubles with other brands.

alright, i'll just clean it up good and use it as is.

thanks bud. :beer:

I have seen several stators that look like that or worse and work fine. Unless your running additional lights I would always run a stock stator.

SP

Did you find that at the bottom of a lake?

LOL, no but I'm not afraid to get my shee a little (a lot) wet & muddy. :biggrin:

I would clean that one up and get a new stator cover gasket to keep that bitch sealed up..

yeah, i'm going to order a new seal along with some other stuff. :cool:

LOL, no but I'm not afraid to get my shee a little (a lot) wet & muddy. :biggrin:

yeah, i'm going to order a new seal along with some other stuff. :cool:

Check under the stator cover on the sprocket side for a little rubber block.