Paddle Help

Beachcruiser

I'm in the market for a set of paddles....but I have no clue which ones to go with. I've been researching the difference between straight paddle and V paddle, seems like V-paddles would be the one suited for me the best. My riding condition are mainly on sandy trails and around the local beach/dunes, so therefore I will be duning more than dragging. Yesterday was my first experience on a set of paddles. I rode a LTR450 with set of Sand Devils (straight paddle), they hooked like no other but all they wanted to do is go straight. It was rather difficult to turn with them, which is why i'm looking in to V-paddles.

I am on a fairly cheap budget and last night I found a set of 20x11x8 AMS Sidewinders with 8" Douglas .125 rims for $165 shipped to my door step from RMATV. How are the AMS Sidewinders? What would be a good wheel size....8, 9 or 10?

I also found a set of STI Sand Trax 20x11x10 on a set of 10x8 Sport Cast wheels shipped to my door for $185 from Chaparral Racing.com I've read ONE good review on this tire but I figured I'd ask the experts on BHQ......so what do you guys think about the STI Sand trax?

Oh yeah my shee is pretty much stock besides a set of FMF Fatties and a Pro Design Manifold System (less the crap bottle).

I'm in the market for a set of paddles....but I have no clue which ones to go with. I've been researching the difference between straight paddle and V paddle, seems like V-paddles would be the one suited for me the best. My riding condition are mainly on sandy trails and around the local beach/dunes, so therefore I will be duning more than dragging. Yesterday was my first experience on a set of paddles. I rode a LTR450 with set of Sand Devils (straight paddle), they hooked like no other but all they wanted to do is go straight. It was rather difficult to turn with them, which is why i'm looking in to V-paddles.

I am on a fairly cheap budget and last night I found a set of 20x11x8 AMS Sidewinders with 8" Douglas .125 rims for $165 shipped to my door step from RMATV. How are the AMS Sidewinders? What would be a good wheel size....8, 9 or 10?

I also found a set of STI Sand Trax 20x11x10 on a set of 10x8 Sport Cast wheels shipped to my door for $185 from Chaparral Racing.com I've read ONE good review on this tire but I figured I'd ask the experts on BHQ......so what do you guys think about the STI Sand trax?

Oh yeah my shee is pretty much stock besides a set of FMF Fatties and a Pro Design Manifold System (less the crap bottle).

Here is my two cents save your money and buy the best tire you can .Both tires you have in mind are molded one piece tires that are heavier than say skat trak haulers.Heavy rotating mass not so good I have never seen sand trax on any bike in the sand out here on the west coast . good luck

Of all the tires I have tried, I like the Skat Trak Haulers or Extreme Haulers best. They have the best hook of any tire I've used. They are very light weight, and like the other guy said, "less unspun weight" is best. I'm not a fan of V paddles but I also run front sand tires.

SP