to single carb, or not to single carb

Overboost

not so much all the extra power I am looking for but want the best powerband I can get over the curve.

I am not concerned with top end, trails you dont get that fast any how, I like to be able to make power below 4000 R because as of right now, if I dont keep the revs above that, it is sluggish to move, once it hits 4K, takes right off and pulls great to about 8K.

I would like the power around 3-7K

I never hit top gear in the trails, mostly 3rd, some 4th. and that is hauling, well, for me it is hauling anyways.

IMO just stick what with you have. In all honesty, get a cheap 400ex is you want something with some low end. A banshee will always have a powerband. Detuning that sucker for low end is a waste imo. It sucks you dont get to open it up much with the trail riding. If i road trails a lot, id buy a 4 stroke in a heartbeat. My banshee is rough and handles like crap.

Edited by RagunCajun

i am running the 2 into 1 on my trail bike and love it.. i am using t5's, +5 timing, 19cc doems, vforce 2's, and a mild trail port.. it will definately hand a stock carbed banshee itsw ass on a drag run.. i am not trying to open a can of worms here guys.. lol. i know the single carb question has been a very sensitive topic among a lot of guys. i do love mine, but you will not see me putting one on my cub motor though! lol

I dont want to de-tune it.....I just want a more "user friendly" powerband.

I dont want a 4 stroke, everyone has them, I want to be different.

I guess if I really want to be different then get a quadzilla....but you cant find shit for parts for them if you break them.....I will break something, I always do.

there have been lots of good points for both sides of the carb issue. I can see why it can become a topic of heated debate.

when it comes to single carbs, some of you swear by them, some of you swear at them.....

looks like I should just leave it stock, put on some pod filters and change my burnt out silencers and be happy....

If you want the best curve do this: Take the pipe money, and the single carb money, then buy a set of pro circuits. That will make the best low-mid curve over those fmf's and the single carb.

Your probably more than likely only using the powerband between 5,500-7,500 rpm. 4000 rpm range is barely off idle.

while you have the exhaust off pull the head and have it milled to raise your compression some that will compliment the pipes. Having the head milled isn`t very expensive at all only around 50. bucks. also you may try playing with the gearing some to compliment your riding conditions.

If you want the best curve do this: Take the pipe money, and the single carb money, then buy a set of pro circuits. That will make the best low-mid curve over those fmf's and the single carb.

Your probably more than likely only using the powerband between 5,500-7,500 rpm. 4000 rpm range is barely off idle.

this is the best answer so far....

direct, to the point....

you can tell I have only had this bike since last October cant ya...I know jack shit about how to make them "RUN"