yfz 450 Arm Conversion for my Banshee

mfred_2000

I know there are threads on this...but I am looking to see what the general concensus is after install? I am halfway through putting a complete 450 front end on my banshee, arms, spindles, shocks, brakes...whole thing. I also want to point out what no one has mentioned up to this point...to pull this off, you have to pop the upper arm off the spindles and switch them side to side for the shock to clear...I am not sure this doesnt defeat the geometrical purpose.

I also need to find someone to reasonably make me a set of tie rods that are +1" over the stock 450 set, they just dont have enough of the threads hanging on for my liking...anyone know anybody that makes these?

Edited by mfred_2000

• 2 weeks later...
the uppers can only go on one way with the shocks on.

Here is the finished product...I used the 450 spindles, everything, down to the brake line being secured like the 450...but yes I had to flip the top arms side to side for this to work...the brake lines on the 450 are behind the shock...

100_1788.jpg

Spacers...

100_1787.jpg

I know there are threads on this...but I am looking to see what the general concensus is after install? I am halfway through putting a complete 450 front end on my banshee, arms, spindles, shocks, brakes...whole thing. I also want to point out what no one has mentioned up to this point...to pull this off, you have to pop the upper arm off the spindles and switch them side to side for the shock to clear...I am not sure this doesnt defeat the geometrical purpose.

I also need to find someone to reasonably make me a set of tie rods that are +1" over the stock 450 set, they just dont have enough of the threads hanging on for my liking...anyone know anybody that makes these?

buy some billet ones

check 2003bansheelimited

I picked up a set of 04 arms and tie rods this weekend so as soon as i find a set of shocks i will be doing this as well. do i have to use the yfz spindles or can the banshee ones be used ? Thanks

btw nice job let us know how it handles with new suspension.

Guys are using the banshee spindles, but the 450 spindles and calipers are far superior on braking...