shipping parts

Rodneya

Because me and my pops own a company and sometimes we have to do some shipping we have a ton of foam pellets and bubble wrap... I ship all my parts by wrapping it in bubble the ones with small bubbles. then pack the box with foam pellets around the parts... We ship glass items for our business and just use the pellets and we've never had a broken product

Thanks guys.

Winter top-end rebuild and port to start soon.

I used that expanding foam with a layer of plastic half full in a box. Set my motor in it as it was expanding. Another layer of plastic sheet over the motor then sprayed more foam and closed the box.

I think the "crack filler" from Lowes or Home Depot would do the same. Sets up pretty ridged and provides excellent packing since it is conformed to your parts. Similar to HiltiFoam if your familiar with that.

SP

I used that expanding foam with a layer of plastic half full in a box. Set my motor in it as it was expanding. Another layer of plastic sheet over the motor then sprayed more foam and closed the box.

I think the "crack filler" from Lowes or Home Depot would do the same. Sets up pretty ridged and provides excellent packing since it is conformed to your parts. Similar to HiltiFoam if your familiar with that.

SP

I do the same thing, i shipped a motor in a toat, put the motor in a trash bag, an set it up on some blocks, dumped AB expanding foam in the toat an let it, get hard then shipped it. guy loved my idea on shipping it that way.

Just curious, how much is it to ship a set of jugs back and forth? What about a whole motor?

Depends on where you are and where you are going as well as how fast you want it to get there. It cost me about $50 from Kansas City, MO to San Diego UPS Ground for Jugs and bottom end.

SP

Just curious, how much is it to ship a set of jugs back and forth? What about a whole motor?

i shipped a banshee motor couple of months ago , from N.Y, to california and i was 90 bucks , bought a cheap foam cooler , .cardboard around that . fit was perfect , fed ex is way cheaper then ups , for smaller items you cant beat the US post office .

i shipped a banshee motor couple of months ago , from N.Y, to california and i was 90 bucks , bought a cheap foam cooler , .cardboard around that . fit was perfect , fed ex is way cheaper then ups , for smaller items you cant beat the US post office .

x2, usps is pretty much the only way to go up here. they use ups, dhl, fed ex to ship distances anyways, and parcel post is the difference between $45 and $7 for the same item with the others.