crossover tube alternative

TJScott

feel free to move this as i wasnt sure where to post it, but anyways, my banshee does not have the crossover tube on it and i dont want to spend any more money. would it be alright to just route some hose over the ports to keep them covered?

not sure that would be reliable against air leaks, but you can use copper pipe and solder. 5" center to center

A used crossover tube isn't expensive at all...I'm sure someone even has one laying around...

Spend the money to find one, or sell your 'Shee...cause I'd hate to see what you're going to use on your next top end rebuild...

A used crossover tube isn't expensive at all...I'm sure someone even has one laying around...

Spend the money to find one, or sell your 'Shee...cause I'd hate to see what you're going to use on your next top end rebuild...

Don't know what kind of intakes you have....sounds like stock. I was running billet intakes that had the port on the top for the crossover tube and I just cut them off, drilled and tapped for 1/2" NPT and epoxied a stainless steel flush plug in mine. Nice and clean and no crossover. Still running like that for a few years now.

So you have a couple of options. Figure a way to plug them or figure a way to plumb them. Either way you don't want to spring an air leak or you will have bigger issues.

And I am not sure what you meant by "would it be alright to just route some hose over the ports to keep them covered?"

SP

well i know that sounds nig rigged, but ive heard that crossover tubes were useless anyways.

exactly why they make boost bottles, works like noss, has special boost inside them.

they activate when you put you grip your pipes tight after riding for 30 mins , they dont work on cold motor/ pipes.

so warm your bike up, and squeeze your pipes, and then you will get BOOOOOST. have fun

Don't know what kind of intakes you have....sounds like stock. I was running billet intakes that had the port on the top for the crossover tube and I just cut them off, drilled and tapped for 1/2" NPT and epoxied a stainless steel flush plug in mine. Nice and clean and no crossover. Still running like that for a few years now.

So you have a couple of options. Figure a way to plug them or figure a way to plumb them. Either way you don't want to spring an air leak or you will have bigger issues.

And I am not sure what you meant by "would it be alright to just route some hose over the ports to keep them covered?"

SP

I figured he is running mostly stock gear, since he is trying to nig rig a simple cross over tube... I think most of us would spend the money and buy quality parts.... so I figured if he has a budget when looking for a cross over tube, he must have no mods because he has no budget for that either, lol...

I'm still on stock shit too as far as carbs go, so I have the stock intake... I'll probably be asking ya about this when I get new carbs and intake SP...

well i am not being cheap about this. im simply just a young man who has spent a long time on this thing who is incredibly anxious to hit the trails and stop waiting for parts.

this banshee has a welded crank, its ported, wiseco pro-lites, t5's, k&ns, carbs have tors removed. im dying to ride this thing.