Im a little perterd

So ive just put on t-5, k&n filter 280 main and 27.5 pilot, screws out 1 and half out. It just doesnt have the pull it use to. Or maybe Im expecting more. Want i was looking for was the power wheelie when im on the road. Dont get me wrong its faster. I still have a gear to go at the end of the road to where i didnt use to. By the way im in Ohio elevation is 843.2. I dont want to buy more i just need some tips on tuning, I have 260 jets also if you think Im to rich

whats your airbox and air filter setup, unless you have pods your piot is prob rich on the pilot? how does it run down low? what needle are u using and what clip is it on?

how do the plugs look after running her hard with the 280 mains? how does it perform on the top end?

whats your airbox and air filter setup, unless you have pods your piot is prob rich on the pilot? how does it run down low? what needle are u using and what clip is it on?

how do the plugs look after running her hard with the 280 mains? how does it perform on the top end?

Air box is stock w/ holes in lid K&N filter,Top end isnt bad at all, Needle and clip in stock poss. Just just reminded me of that i didnt try them at all.

well id take the lid off, or cut a huge hole in it, i run pretty much the same elevation same pipes and filter but a huge hole cut through the lid both layers, 280 mains are great in the spring and summer weather on mine and a bit fatter for winter, with your lid right now though thats restricting alot of airflow if you keep it on you might try some 270 or 260 for the coming warm weather, i run the toomey needle, i run 3rd clip down from blunt end and stock pilot jet, throttle response is very crisp, your pilot must be rich, especially with that airbox and lid setup, put a stock pilot in it, and take the lid off or cut one big hole through the lid is what i like, some of the lid helps keep water out,and try it, u can read the plug chop thread too but some people will also say u can just look at the end of the electrode on the plug color after running it hard it should be a tan color and your main jets are good, gota play with it a bit and see what works, pilot def sounds rich though, and do somethin about the lid or lean it out a bit

well id take the lid off, or cut a huge hole in it, i run pretty much the same elevation same pipes and filter but a huge hole cut through the lid both layers, 280 mains are great in the spring and summer weather on mine and a bit fatter for winter, with your lid right now though thats restricting alot of airflow if you keep it on you might try some 270 or 260 for the coming warm weather, i run the toomey needle, i run 3rd clip down from blunt end and stock pilot jet, throttle response is very crisp, your pilot must be rich, especially with that airbox and lid setup, put a stock pilot in it, and take the lid off or cut one big hole through the lid is what i like, some of the lid helps keep water out,and try it, u can read the plug chop thread too but some people will also say u can just look at the end of the electrode on the plug color after running it hard it should be a tan color and your main jets are good, gota play with it a bit and see what works, pilot def sounds rich though, and do somethin about the lid or lean it out a bit

Thanx ill try to fine the stock pilot. I put it in when i first got it becuase it had a dead spot down low but have not changed it since the pipes etc.

have you checked your compression, how fresh is your clutch? I had done some similar mods awhile ago and I didn't have the power I was expecting, turned out I needed a new clutch, got one and it was a night and day differene. Might turn out the extra power you added might be causing your clutch to slip

Edited by bode1

hahah douche - good one though

goin from stock pipes to a new open filter setup and t5's should make a huge difference over stock

True, but I thought he said at the end of the road he still had a gear left where he didn't before. He should be spinning up faster and hit top speed sooner, not later. He shouldn't have gained much top end, just whatever RPMs he has gained over the last set up. I'd bet his jetting isn't quite right.

SP