just a reminder to everyone

J/c but which way is the arm pointing towards the arrow. I usually set mine up to where it is a little bit to the stator side of the arrow. I think it helps the clutch to grab more and doesn't creep as much on the line.

mine is actually more towards the clutch side.

i dont think there is an exact science to it as i think some peoples setups are just different. thats why youll get some guys lined with the arrow and some guys either direction away from it..

my main point of this whole thread was that inspection of your clutch cable is a good idea and replacement every couple of years is a good idea.

Mine does not line up with the arrow either, it does favor the stator side. My cable was stretched and the bike would kill when you put it in gear if you didn't give it some throttle when shifting. It would also creep when in neutral. My cable was really stretched!!!

Mine is about 2 years old...and I think it's time I pitch my spare, and make my current cable the spare in the tool box.

What do cables cost now a days, like 10 or 12 bucks....

You'll be amazed how nice and smooth the pull is once you put a new cable on, clean up and lube the perch...I swear.

Mine is about 2 years old...and I think it's time I pitch my spare, and make my current cable the spare in the tool box.

What do cables cost now a days, like 10 or 12 bucks....

You'll be amazed how nice and smooth the pull is once you put a new cable on, clean up and lube the perch...I swear.

word. plus i got a msr easy pull.. i can pull that bitch in with one finger. its gonna be nice to have when im on the line at the hillclimbs this year.

word. plus i got a msr easy pull.. i can pull that bitch in with one finger. its gonna be nice to have when im on the line at the hillclimbs this year.

Sure you don't want one of the FAST easy-pull levers? :biggrin:

I've actually had one and they're nice, I'm gonna upgrade to the one with the bearing this summer, and get a new cable.