Bolt on Air Filters

swhitey917

Would bolt on air filters that do away with the airbox, with outerwear covers on them be a bad idea if you were riding in the mud.

I think the easiest way to answer that is to say, you can't have water in your carbs. Now, you have to decide, to you ride in mud or do you ride in water? Outerwears are fairly fine meshed but won't keep out water from splashing through creeks and water holes. You could be mindful when you get around water. That's what I do and I have no issues. I don't like getting my shit muddy either though. I like shiney!

SP

Outer wears will actually repell water, if you don't believe me try it! I ran my k&N's with outerwear's under the kitchen faucet and it just beads off. Even so I would run an airbox if I was running in the wet and mud!

they are water repelent but not water proof. if you ride in a good amount of water, nothing will stop it from sucking into the carbs. running under water with no suction doesnt prove that it wont allow water through. just that it will repel some of it.

Outer wears will actually repell water, if you don't believe me try it! I ran my k&N's with outerwear's under the kitchen faucet and it just beads off. Even so I would run an airbox if I was running in the wet and mud!

I have brand new OuterWears on my bike. Yes, they repel water, but not totally. I've hit small puddles before, and got a little water sucked into the carbs. Not alot, but enough to make it sputter a little. I've also ran them under the kitchen faucet to clean them off. If you hold them at an angle, the water will run right off. If you hold them flat, water runs right through them. And they sit flat, when they're on your filters.

I have brand new OuterWears on my bike. Yes, they repel water, but not totally. I've hit small puddles before, and got a little water sucked into the carbs. Not alot, but enough to make it sputter a little. I've also ran them under the kitchen faucet to clean them off. If you hold them at an angle, the water will run right off. If you hold them flat, water runs right through them. And they sit flat, when they're on your filters.

Thanks for the info. iam definetly not going with them now. i am just trying to find an airbox