engine ice? worth it?

twizted269

i had a problem of high temp last season and want to fix it. so far i put on a cool head and mega flow impeller. i havnt had it out yet because im waiting for better temps to jet it correct. i heard engine ice coolant will help out alot with cooling. is it worth the try or should i be good with the mods now? just curious if its worth it.

i had a problem of high temp last season and want to fix it. so far i put on a cool head and mega flow impeller. i havnt had it out yet because im waiting for better temps to jet it correct. i heard engine ice coolant will help out alot with cooling. is it worth the try or should i be good with the mods now? just curious if its worth it.

Most everyone will tell you, and I agree, if your cooling system is functioning correctly, your jetted right, timing isn't advanced too much, and your compression is right you will not overheat. I ran an oversized radiator, billet impeller and engine ice just because it is cheap insurance. I really don't think the cool head does much for increased cooling.

SP

Most everyone will tell you, and I agree, if your cooling system is functioning correctly, your jetted right, timing isn't advanced too much, and your compression is right you will not overheat. I ran an oversized radiator, billet impeller and engine ice just because it is cheap insurance. I really don't think the cool head does much for increased cooling.

SP

well the problem was that when i would stop for a break after a hard ride, it would spit just a little bit out of the overflow. just a little hot but not boiling or nothing. just want a cool enough to stop it.

I fell in love with Engine Ice on my trail bike years ago. Tight slow woods riding that still required RPMs and tire spin would get the engine HOT. The engine ice as well as the impeller seemed to help.

In the past year, I have been playing with Cannondales. They had issues with water based coolants causing corrosion. The C-dale guys recommend Evan's Coolant so I picked some up. Cheaper per gallon than EI and seems to work very well.

• 2 weeks later...

flush it with distilled water. It says to on the bottle.

I was constantly overheating in slow trails and in the deep dune trails and engine ice saved my weekend.

I am going to be getting an oversized rad soon cause I dont think my stocker flows very well.