Has anyone ever thought about putting a RZ500 (2 stroke 4 cylinder ) engine in a Banshee

R. Rollins

i thought of doing this along time ago also, but my reasoning was to make it FASSSTTTTT!!!!!! if you guys say theyre not very reliable when modded out, i wouldnt do it. id be highly po'ed to get smoked by a cub with half the cost of a rz500 shee.

but if you want to do something different and turn lots of heads i say go for it. be sure to post pics and keep us updated.

WOW; thats exactly what I had in mind, but with the purest Yamaha features and Banshee looks if its possible.

DDDDAAAAAAMMMM.

This is some cool discussion for a change.

Last night I also saw an APRILLA 500 cafe racer with some 500cc 2 stroke motor cramed in the chassis.

I just think that the "SUPER BANSHEE" would look really cool.

Id love to see the 4 pipes custom fitted through the chassis like the RZ500 has.

I figure if I can get the good stock bore motor and good stock carbs with wiring harness for under say $3,000 then the project is a go for me.

I would do one for reliability, that is why I would go bone stock with only a custom set of reeds and pipes.

NO idea how to get better pics in here! They rather suck. Bike was definitely one of a kind. Should not have sold it but was not getting rode much.

Motor was a big bore and added 2mm stroke. I think it was a 580cc when I was done. frame is an 88 TRX. on Alky, 44mm lectron, it scooted pretty good.

B

honzilla_small2.jpg

Edited by blowit

do u guys know of "the kangaroo kid" matt coulter? he is a pom but lives in australia, has been doing quad stunts for years, famous for jumping over paddle steamers and helicopters etc...

Haha... yeah i remember seeing that crazy guy wreck a banshee on tv before. Trying to jump one of those paddle steamer things. Never seen someone act so happy in that much pain before.