Banshee tranny issues

lordbate

I was out riding, you know ripping it, and the banshee started to lag out when in 6th gear. I stopped and let it cool down, but then it seemed as if the tranny was stuck in 5th gear. whats weird is I could find neutral, luckly since I had to push it home. BUT NOW!!! I have full shifting when the bike is not running. 1st, neutral, 2nd, 3rd, ect. yet when the motor is running,... nothing. clutch still engages and disengages with ease. Im hoping it might be my shift shaft assembly. but not sure, any help would be great. DREADING spliting that case

it's not a big deal.. IMO banshee engines are some of the easiest engines to tear down and go through..

I know man, but Im hoping to get by with any easy fix. guess first step is drain that fluid and if theres shavings, then ill know.

might as well rebuild the whole thing. clean up my frame while im at it.

I know man, but Im hoping to get by with any easy fix. guess first step is drain that fluid and if theres shavings, then ill know.

might as well rebuild the whole thing. clean up my frame while im at it.

I know, almost like having to walk from the far end of the parking lot just to get a gallon of milk at the local grocery store! Lol! It's not that bad. Think of it like an adventure instead of a chore. It can be fun! :biggrin:

SP