Spark on one side

gsl65

I went out to ride the other day and only had spark on one side. The problem seems to be intermittent because it ran fine the day before. I know I do have a short somewhere because my light go on and off. I don't think the problems are related though. I hate electrical problems!!! Any suggestions?

it could be the stator the charging coil for lighting on the stator is seperate from the ignition coil. So it is possible to have good lights and a spark problem and vise versa. but I would try the easier and cheaper items first. stock stators are usually pretty durable.

Edited by desertdeweller

it could be the stator the charging coil for lighting on the stator is seperate from the ignition coil. So it is possible to have good lights and a spark problem and vise versa. but I would try the easier and cheaper items first. stock stators are usually pretty durable.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure the lighting problem is in the wiring harness some place. If I wiggle the wires the lights come on. I had the whole quad appart for powder coating. Maybe a bad ground?

Thanks. I'm pretty sure the lighting problem is in the wiring harness some place. If I wiggle the wires the lights come on. I had the whole quad appart for powder coating. Maybe a bad ground?

most likely, with a pc job. could be bad connection at one of the connectors too.

x2 on th3 caps/ wire for spark. :biggrin:

Sorry to hijack but I'm also having this problem a bit. It misses on the right cylinder at idle and up to mid RPM but it fires ok at WOT. Still hauls ass no worries. I was thinking maybe pickup gap? I tried swapping plug leads and the miss stayed with the RH cylinder.

if it's just amiss at low, but ok at wot, then i would start by cleaning/syncing your carbs.