Case broken from chain coming off, how to repair?

VWMIKE

This is bad advice. Regardless of new or old bearings your chain can still snap or come off. Either way you should put a case saver on. I run a Regina chain with all new bearings and gears, but you bet your ass there is still a case saver on there just in case.

2nd that. case saver is cheap insurance.

SP

This is bad advice. Regardless of new or old bearings your chain can still snap or come off. Either way you should put a case saver on. I run a Regina chain with all new bearings and gears, but you bet your ass there is still a case saver on there just in case.

i didnt tell him not to get a case saver. i dont think its needed if you watch whats going on and i never had a chain snap for no reason other then neglect. i have my case saver for piece of mind and i also seen a case saver smash out the top of a case. i`m not sayin the chain wouldnt have but the saver did.

start a poll retard. find out whats more common.. chain coming off from bad bearings or from something else.

to tell someone that they dont need a case saver simply by making sure their bearings are good is ridiculous.

post it up cock smoker.

that cant be true. are you sure it wasnt a stick?

It did it EVERY time you did a doughnut to the right, on ice none the less (winter riding). As kids we used to flat track around the house for hours. We had to go clockwise because of the chain issue. If you went the other way, the swingarm would move enough to cause an alignment issue, and toss the chain. It tossed that chain daily until we put the new swingarm bearings in.

You should have been there watching a 10 year old with a aluminum stick welding electrode trying to put a case back together that was in 4 pieces (DC reverse for those wondering). It worked, but looking back, it was a little far out of my league.

Edited by regalrocket

It did it EVERY time you did a doughnut to the right, on ice none the less (winter riding). As kids we used to flat track around the house for hours. We had to go clockwise because of the chain issue. If you went the other way, the swingarm would move enough to cause an alignment issue, and toss the chain. It tossed that chain daily until we put the new swingarm bearings in.

my 250R does that same shit, havent craked the cases yet, i got those bearings replaced so i outta be ok. :ermm:

but ill tell you if thay made a case saver for an 81 atc id be runnin it cause i used to trow that shit all the time. :down:

bad bearings will toss a chain...... happened to me. slack in the carrier due to bad bearings will make chain loose enough to come off! especially if u ride like me! not saying this is more likely to happen more than another circumstance but it wll happen..... keep good bearings, oil the shit outta ya chain after every ride, get a case saver!!! cheap insurance!

as long as hes not leaking oil throw some jb weld on it to keep shit out ya case and ride....