Best billet basket

gregrob

There's a ton of brands out there.

Wiseco, Hinson, Barnett, Magnum, Boss, etc, etc. Most of them are in the same price range, any particular one to shy away from?

I like the Barnett I believe that has replaceable inserts so if it does get grooved you can replace them.

This will be ran on a 4mil stock cyl dune bike with an FZR clutch and no lockup.

Thanks,

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all pretty good. One thing to think about the Barnett wich (shyed me away) Those Sainless insers are held in by scews. I would hate to have them come loose. I fugure I would rather buy 2 billit baskets then 1 barnett.

I got my Hindson on ebay for $120 :biggrin:

I got the new hinson and love it. They did away with the rubber bumpers and went to a spring set up, still have my old one ran it for 6 yrs, no grooves that r worth mentioning, just wanted to upgrade. BTW locktite keeps the screws in nicely.

BTW locktite keeps the screws in nicely.

Yea diffinatly red lock tight the basket bolts.

I was refering to the small machine screws that hold on the stainless steel inserts on the fingers of the barnett basket. I just figure traditional billit baskets have been holding up fine.

josh.

how come youre not asking your boy this question? isnt he a master mechanic?

i wonder if you asked this over on PS and they laughed at you.. like most of the other questions you ask over there.

today, im feeling generous.. im gonna help you out.

magnum is a good basket. FAST sells it.. or did jared forbid you from buying anything there?

how come youre not asking your boy this question? isnt he a master mechanic?

i wonder if you asked this over on PS and they laughed at you.. like most of the other questions you ask over there.

today, im feeling generous.. im gonna help you out.

magnum is a good basket. FAST sells it.. or did jared forbid you from buying anything there?

Actually I posted this and several other questions on PS and have always gotten good technical feedback. Unlike this place that can barely have any technical worth to a thread because of small minded big ego'd people like you who would rather look cool than share their knowledge for the love of the sport.

If you're referring to "my boy" as Jared. He has his own opinions and ideas and I have mine. A lot of times we agree and sometimes we dont. He has taught me a lot and helped me, for which I am very grateful.

I'm asking this because I want to know what others experiences have been, not just that of one person. Hence the whole concept of a public forum for enthusiasts. This is supposed to be an enthusiast site you know, not your I-want-to-feel-good-about-myself-today-so-I'm-going-to-pick-on-someone-else-and-get-attention website.

Thank you for your opinion on the magnum basket. Looks like a good choice and Jeff has a good price on it.

I might buy another thing or 2 from Jeff this season and so I'll consider the basket. I'll be sure to explain to him on the phone that I have nothing against him but get a kick out of his nutswingers and how easily their buttons can be pushed. He may or may not agree that his fanatical following is somewhat laughable at times, but I'm sure it wont' change the quality of product or service he provides.

that is all

Edited by gregrob

I`m sure there is more. most wont speak there mind. they dont want to get banned.

please, dont be a clown too. you know damn well no one gets banned for speaking their mind here. i cant stand gregrob or bigred, but i would never ban either one.

i encourage everyone to speak their mind on HQ. no bannings will be issued.

I`m not being a clown. a few times when i would say shit to you i would get PM`s sayin good job, i cant believe you said that but your gunna get banned. the way i see it shit happens. I dont give bad advice or sell things i dont have or wont ship so i dont think a ban is necessary. as for gregrob or bigred i dont think i know them.