boost bottle

A boost bottle or crossover tube are there to catch the small amount of blow-by passed the reeds and preventing it going through the carb the wrong way. A boost bottle has more volume than the crossover tube and therefore supposedly better.

The reason they do nothing but destroy your intakes is that any air-fuel mix that gets in there is sucked out immediately by the other cylinder, so the bigger size makes no difference to performance.

Boost bottles work on a singe cylinder, but will only get in the way and give you grief on a banshee. :cool:

I just always thought they held a greater volume of air/fuel mixture to help out when first snapping the throttle...guess not.

Why do they call it a "boost" bottle if its purpose is to help dampen back pressure pulsation?

I just always thought they held a greater volume of air/fuel mixture to help out when first snapping the throttle...guess not.

Why do they call it a "boost" bottle if its purpose is to help dampen back pressure pulsation?

yah, it actually makes your bike respond opposite that, and you have to up your pilot, but its good if the snap makes it hard to ride in technical spots.

when you put it on a snowmachine engine, it gives just a little boost in the midrange, so the 3rd party manufacturers call it that, but yamaha calls it a resonator, and if it helped with performance, it would've came on the banshee, in stead of the tube

Its ok he's just trying to be cool like michael jackson in the other thread about a boost bottle. You don't have to copy people to be cool man, just be yourself.

lol shogs :) good 1 hahaaha

before i bought my 06 banshee, i was looking at a few shees, this one guy had 3 of them, i asked him which he thinks is in best condition and runs best, he said "this white one, fully modded .. pipes, filter, reeds, and look BOOST BOTTLE!"

LOL :)

Edited by blaster2006

lol shogs :) good 1 hahaaha

before i bought my 06 banshee, i was looking at a few shees, this one guy had 3 of them, i asked him which he thinks is in best condition and runs best, he said "this white one, fully modded .. pipes, filter, reeds, and look BOOST BOTTLE!"

LOL :)

push dis button- free HBO! :yelrotflmao:

Its ok he's just trying to be cool like michael jackson in the other thread about a boost bottle. You don't have to copy people to be cool man, just be yourself.

Exactly I just thought it was really funny wen he said it and I was drunk on here last night. Shoulda put LOL after it. Wasn't really trying to be an ass. Srry for any hurt feelings