case saver

banshee31

Both work fine. :thumbsup:

Your wrong bro, plain and simple.. Want a picture of my cases to prove it? Also granted I wasn't running a tripple throw down, double gainer pimp daddy chain but reguardless.. Like Loco said shit happens no matter what kinda sprockets/chain you run otherwise this argument would be "you don't need one" rather than "billet is no good, plastic is the way to go".. I cant remember if I got any pics of how jacked that DG billet case saver was but I can say it was bent all to hell.. To be honest I think the billet one did MORE damage as it just bent up and out of my cases rather than getting eatin up like a plastic one would.. Everyone reading this, Iam telling you.. STAY AWAY FROM THE BILLET ONES!!!

RIPPEN

i second the tm design works

Ditto that. The TM design works bolts on really slick and offers the protection behind the sprocket as well.

I use a 14, and it does not appear that a 15 will fit... :confused:

I have not tried a larger size yet, though.

They said it could handle up to a 15, which it does. I upped my 'shee to a 15 last fall and it fits. The clearance is really close but it makes it in there. Bought mine from Rockymountainatv

Linky (I tried to link the actual item but it failed. Just search it - the pic is a stock one and looks like a billet but it says in the description that its plastic. You may be able to find one on ebay or something too.

Edited by maxtrax

I've had broken cases with both the plastic and billet ones. The billet ones do a lot more damage to the cases though. The plastic ones will still flex and bend into the cases causing breaks though. If you have a master link come apart and the chain builds on itself around the front sprocket it will flex the plastic just the same as it would billet and both will break cases. I still run the plastic ones though.

- Jared

Ditto that. The TM design works bolts on really slick and offers the protection behind the sprocket as well.

They said it could handle up to a 15, which it does. I upped my 'shee to a 15 last fall and it fits. The clearance is really close but it makes it in there. Bought mine from Rockymountainatv

Linky (I tried to link the actual item but it failed. Just search it - the pic is a stock one and looks like a billet but it says in the description that its plastic. You may be able to find one on ebay or something too.

i got to thinking.. i would think that the bigger sprocket you run with a case saver the more likely it would be in case of a chain break, that instead of balling up, the chain might just slide on out. i know this is being optimistic, but it makes sense to me.

with a smaller sprocket, the chances of the chain rolling up on itself are a lot higher. with less room between the chain and case save, i would think it might just roll on thru and not ball up on itself..

just something to think about for the day. :biggrin:

i got to thinking.. i would think that the bigger sprocket you run with a case saver the more likely it would be in case of a chain break, that instead of balling up, the chain might just slide on out. i know this is being optimistic, but it makes sense to me.

with a smaller sprocket, the chances of the chain rolling up on itself are a lot higher. with less room between the chain and case save, i would think it might just roll on thru and not ball up on itself..

just something to think about for the day. :biggrin:

Your spot on bro.. I had pitched the chain a time or two before without problems.. I had a 13t.. Then put the case saver on with the 13t and bam, first time it was pitched it jacked it up..

RIPPEN

Weather you yse alum. or UHMW dosn't matter. The clearance between the saver face and the outside edge of the chain must be less than 1/2 the hight of the chain link. If you stick to this number the chain cannot ball up in the saver. I have had friends who put on a saver with too much clearance to the sprocket and when it goes it balls up in the saver. Simple rule if it dosn't ball up it wont press on the saver, thus cracking your case. Chain whip will also crack your case and billet or plastic will serve you fine in that instance.