case saver

banshee31

Ive tried both, and both do what there supposed to.

As long as you run a good quality chain and the tention is checked frequently and you maintain your chain properly and not run an e-bay special chain there should be no chain snapping or popping off to worry about. :blush:

Ive tried both, and both do what there supposed to.

As long as you run a good quality chain and the tention is checked frequently and you maintain your chain properly and not run an e-bay special chain there should be no chain snapping or popping off to worry about. :blush:

bull shit. quality of chain has nothing to do with this. ive had high dollar d.i.d. chains come apart..

ive also broken front sprockets.

anything can happen. you could get a fucking twig stuck in there that could cause a problem.

a billet case saver can and will break your case just as easily as the chain will.

plastic is the only way to go.

bull shit. quality of chain has nothing to do with this. ive had high dollar d.i.d. chains come apart..

ive also broken front sprockets.

anything can happen. you could get a fucking twig stuck in there that could cause a problem.

a billet case saver can and will break your case just as easily as the chain will.

plastic is the only way to go.

Never happened to me before. On a few different quads and dirt bikes over the years. Guess you luck sucks.

Quality "helps" man and you know it.

just get a plastic one. Doesnt have to be the TM one. I have one of ebay that a machine shop made and it actually braces more of the case than the TM one. I have also run the ebay china chain for over 3 years with no problem. And their sprockets. Just make sure you keep up on your maitnence. Make sure it is adjusted correctly, lubed well, sprocket nuts are tight, clean the junk out of there after every ride. A clean, well maintained mahine will ALWAYS run and last longer.

Edited by boneyardbanshee.

Never happened to me before. On a few different quads and dirt bikes over the years. Guess you luck sucks.

Quality "helps" man and you know it.

in most cases yes, i agree that quality does count. in this case it doesnt. even the best chains out there can break due to freak shit like a rock or something hitting them.

the billet ones most def will break the cases the same as a chain, maybe worse.

plastic is the best way to go in this situation.

I bought the billet one and have regretted it ever since I seen the T.M. Design, didn't realize they had the plastic ones at the time. Its common sense though, being billet, metal of any type and bolting up the way they do is bound to break the case if the chain ever comes off. Atleast the T.M. has extra bracing and able to flex if forced, I'll be switching.