RPM's

12mm

what is the rev limit on a banshee with a stock cdi box ?

or where does it stop pull rpms ?

this is just me. but if your tors are removed and as along as your pipes can handle it and your carbs can provide the fuel and your engine stays intact. i would say your rpms would be unlimited. just my opinion. i am sure more will chime in

what is the rev limit on a banshee with a stock cdi box ?

or where does it stop pull rpms ?

The rev limit of the cdi box is higher than the stock pipes and porting will allow the motor to rev up. No it's not 9,000 rpm. Oddly enough we would need more info to answer this. I.E. how high will it rev while riding it? Or how high will it rev in Neutral. Does the bike in question have stock pipes and porting?

You can rev higher than 9000 on stock a CDI Box, it's just you have to have the mods to do it.

Major deciding factor of RPM is your Exhaust Pipes and Porting.

EDIT, Snop beat me to it :thumbsup:

Edited by Dinner

You can rev higher than 9000 on stock a CDI Box, it's just you have to have the mods to do it.

Major deciding factor of RPM is your Exhaust Pipes and Porting.

EDIT, Snop beat me to it :thumbsup:

Not entirely true. The engine will rev to the limit but will have no power there without mods. If you whack the throttle in neutral, you "will" find the rev limit rather quickly.

brandon

Not entirely true. The engine will rev to the limit but will have no power there without mods. If you whack the throttle in neutral, you "will" find the rev limit rather quickly.

brandon

Well yea, if you are out riding along and want to see your highest RPM's possible, the power is going to start falling off.

Is it possible to put a tach on our quads?

Here you go.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105993

3rd dyno sheet shows that he peaked out at 8000-8500 rpm running Pro Circuit exhaust and dual 28mm Mikuni carbs. I dont know if he had any other engine work.

josh

Pretty close to stock exhaust port height. One of the best runs it peaked at 8,750 rpm and was still making hp. Thats pretty much the end for those pipes. People running over 187-188 degrees or so of exhaust port duration should be looking to other pipes. As that duration starts to climb more toward mid-top power curves.

35mm carbs would definitely be too much. You dont pull enough rpm to use the big intake body of that carb. I put your redline at 8,700-8,900 rpm depending on your porting.

Pretty close to stock exhaust port height. One of the best runs it peaked at 8,750 rpm and was still making hp. Thats pretty much the end for those pipes. People running over 187-188 degrees or so of exhaust port duration should be looking to other pipes. As that duration starts to climb more toward mid-top power curves.

35mm carbs would definitely be too much. You dont pull enough rpm to use the big intake body of that carb. I put your redline at 8,700-8,900 rpm depending on your porting.

the porting was done by vito and the piston is cut on the exhaust side in the dome to except the larger exhaust port.

i'll get some pic up of the piston and porting

If you have a moved up exhaust port and a cut piston crown, that is going to greatly increase exhaust duration. These pipes your running dont like high exhaust ports. They are a low-mid pipe, and it sounds like your exhaust port is setup for mid-top power.