noss head or v-force 3's?

as title says...... if u had a few extra bejamns laying around what would u do? noss head with 21cc domes? or v force 3's? which would net me the most gains now? ima do both eventually but as of now wifey only gave me a small budget...... mods are just fmf phattys with power core 2's and gearing.......timing advance +4

Just save a little more money and get a decent port job.It will do more than the reeds and head combined.But if I had to choose between the two I would pick the reeds.I was never a big fan of cool heads...

Mark

Edited by MDS2106

as title says...... if u had a few extra bejamns laying around what would u do? noss head with 21cc domes? or v force 3's? which would net me the most gains now? ima do both eventually but as of now wifey only gave me a small budget...... mods are just fmf phattys with power core 2's and gearing.......timing advance +4

I would get the head. It will add HP. I dont think the reeds add Hp, mostly throttle responce. I would also go with 19 cc domes. I put them in all the pump gas motors I build. At my elevation 19's put me at 150-155 psi.

the cool thing about the noss head is it looks good for 1, 2 runs slightly cooler helping prevent detonation, and you can trade domes for racing or std riding, plus if you ever get a stroker crank, you can trade cut domes. As for reeds vf3`s are nice, but for $45 on ebay you can pick up decent set of carbon fiber reeds that work almost just as well. so it depends on what you want for looks, performance now, or later on. the perfomance gain with just 21 cc domes will not be a great increase, but its there. I know a 21cc dome makes 157psi at sea level which is safe with +4 timing and 93 gas,....at sea level. Not to mention they cost about the same.

Definately get the head. Much more practical. Bump it up to 21cc. domes, and get more torque through the entire rpm range. Unless you have a motor that's making monster horsepower, I'd stick to Boyeson Carbon Fibers reeds. Ask Snop about it. He dyno'd those reeds vs. Boyeson, and got like 0.2hp more with the VF3's.

im at 330ft above sea level, so i could go lower than 21cc? yea i know i could save for a port job but ima wait and do the port when i do the 4 mill plus it was blown when i got it and builder said cylinders was on its last bore, id rather port some that will last me a few builds....now i just got the shee and it was stock except for the pipes..... i gotta piece it together so the wife wont notice a lump sum coming out.... i gotta take it easy as i just spent over 4k modding my zx14 streetbike, when i sell my stretched zx9, ima shoot for some carbs, new ported cylinders (cubs) 4 mill crank and some cpi inframes