Couple of questions

dave5.0

I picked up a set of 35mm Air Strikers (I think) today. What's the difference from a plain old PWK and an Air Striker?

I also bought a set of VF3s. I saw something about reed retainers from Cascade. What's that all about? I couldn't find an explanation (it is getting late). Are they not cool out of the box? Do I need to do something to them?

The reed retainers are used when you have a billit intake that has a big square opeaing on the back side. The V force 3's have a small round hole that is matched to the stock intake boots.

I would recomend getting the reed retainers and a Boss Racing intake. The intake has a built in crossover tube, and it also moves the carbs up and back so the LH carb doesnt hit on the clutch lever.

V-FORCE%20STUFFERS-corner.jpg

100_2089.jpg

100_2091.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2086.jpg

So what are the performance advantages from the PWKs to Air Strikers?

I've got Pro Design intakes at the moment. Will VF3s work ok or as good?

The Air Striker is just a version of the PWK. The A/S is supose to be less resistant to bogging in rough terrain, and have better throttle responce due to the fins that help guide air under the slide.

What does the back side of your PD intakes look like. I would run the VF3's those holders are only a couple bucks for the pair. Another alternative to running the retainers is to dry mount everything up with the small round insert in. Then try to trace around the inside. Then take it appart and port the VF's stock reed retainers. They just snap right out.

josh

Did some looking around. Pro Design makes an intake for the VF3s. I've got the older version. Mine have a little plate that runs horizontal in the center of the intake. Supposed to straighten out airflow. That plate sticks out into the reed cage about 1/2 inch or so. I'll have to remove it to use them together I think.

These Pro Design intakes are about twice the price of the Boss intakes. If it comes down to it I guess I can try and sell mine and buy some Boss ones.

Here's what mine look like from the back.

Visit My Website