gear swap

went down a tooth on my front sprocket, 13t....... of course had too much slack in chain, adjusted all the way out still had too much, so i figured i take off a link and adjust all the way in and go from there. well its too tight! now i need another chain. its confusing almost like i need a half link or something! neone out there can offer me some insight?

went down a tooth on my front sprocket, 13t....... of course had too much slack in chain, adjusted all the way out still had too much, so i figured i take off a link and adjust all the way in and go from there. well its too tight! now i need another chain. its confusing almost like i need a half link or something! neone out there can offer me some insight?

CLASSIC..i love the stock adjustment setup. :biggrin:

I take it this is a stock chain?

Get a half link and be done.

i don't know which one for the o-ring chain

520 O-ring half link LOL LOL :biggrin:

Edited by savage420

i mean its b-s really..... im new to the 4 wheeler modding scene, this is my first attemp at modding a quad ive owned several but just rode...... i have 2 motorcycles a stretched out and chromed zx9, and a 07 stretched modded zx14..... ive done all the work on both myself including cutting chains etc and this really piissed me off..... i agree the stock adjusters are crap. there was so much slack in the stock chain i could almost touch the chain together in the middle with it adjusted all the way out. so i figured one link, or next available link which euals about 2 links really would b perfect. ohh well..... ill just drive 30 miles tomm to nearest quad shop and get a half link, heck maybe a few just in case.