banshee motor work

vabanshee

Timing, compression and porting is where it's at. If you do too much of either of the first two, you will run into different fuel requirements. Porting hands down is where all the power is in these two strokes. Only problem is when you start making more than "bolt on" power, more and more issues need to be addressed.

Timing, compression and porting is where it's at. If you do too much of either of the first two, you will run into different fuel requirements. Porting hands down is where all the power is in these two strokes. Only problem is when you start making more than "bolt on" power, more and more issues need to be addressed.

I know what you mean . I dont want something i have to wrench on all the time but i do want to improve performance . I just need enough power to be faster than a piped renegade 800 or a piped raptor 700 . If i can get that then i will happy with things .I dont mind running race gas either .

You have had some pretty good advise so far. The reason I said try domes first is that your already set-up w/a head shell and it will give you a pretty decent H/P increase... After which, you will probably be wondering how you can better transfer the added H/P to the ground. Once you figure that out, the porting will add about what the compression did as far as performance. And then you will probably be looking at carbs... On and on it goes... :biggrin:

You have had some pretty good advise so far. The reason I said try domes first is that your already set-up w/a head shell and it will give you a pretty decent H/P increase... After which, you will probably be wondering how you can better transfer the added H/P to the ground. Once you figure that out, the porting will add about what the compression did as far as performance. And then you will probably be looking at carbs... On and on it goes... :biggrin:

It all adds up after awhile but from what it sounds like its worth it . Everybody has been really helpful on here .

One more plus for F.A.S.T. is he carries tons of parts.. Makes it handy to have a parts supplier and builder all rolled into one. Click on his link and you can see what all he offers!

Otherwise, bump up the compression, timing and some porting and you will have a damn well rounded machine!

RIPPEN

One more plus for F.A.S.T. is he carries tons of parts.. Makes it handy to have a parts supplier and builder all rolled into one. Click on his link and you can see what all he offers!

Otherwise, bump up the compression, timing and some porting and you will have a damn well rounded machine!

RIPPEN

i will check it out , thanks