Lock-up

sleeper06

Any one out there running lockups with no overide tranny. I was on the phone with a guy from directdrivecnc friday he went through ultra great lenghts to convince me i dont need overide,he said most most banshee guys are misconcieved by builders and with the rite set up of weights and springs set it up as a two stage and it will work. He stressed no problems.We run a custom lockout on a r1 with no tranny mod

I ran a lockup and no override on my 350 back in the day...not because I didn't need it, was more because I couldn't afford it at the time.

You WILL have faster ET's running an override transmission. There is nothing wasted between shifts...goes from one gear to the next w/ no clutching....if you do nothing but drag race, get the override...which one, depends on you/your riding

I ran a lockup and no override on my 350 back in the day...not because I didn't need it, was more because I couldn't afford it at the time.

You WILL have faster ET's running an override transmission. There is nothing wasted between shifts...goes from one gear to the next w/ no clutching....if you do nothing but drag race, get the override...which one, depends on you/your riding

I agree, if you drag race all the time get the override.. I'm so use to it now I usually put them in my dune bikes, but every bike seems different.. I've rode bikes with no override that shifted great too.. And the lockout everyone has there opinion on if it has 80hp or over 100 you only need it, and some just go with the looks cause they look good..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any one out there running lockups with no overide tranny. I was on the phone with a guy from directdrivecnc friday he went through ultra great lenghts to convince me i dont need overide,he said most most banshee guys are misconcieved by builders and with the rite set up of weights and springs set it up as a two stage and it will work. He stressed no problems.We run a custom lockout on a r1 with no tranny mod

I run a 4 mil with a DirectDrive lock up and no overide. Bearings throughout and every other dog removed on gears with 6 and every other web removed on gears with 6. No shifting problems here.

I don't drag that frequently though. Mostly dune riding. If I were dragging I would definitely have one.

SP

Edited by spurdy

My tranny is at FAST right now hes going to get it cut,1-4 5th/6th clutch my lockup will soon follow. I almost went with an air shifter set up and lock-up instead of tearing her down again air shifter set-up automatically cuts ignition to allow shifting but the one i like is $700 so needless to say shees in peices again hoping to be ready in a couple of weeks someone on here thinks im a lying scumbag and wants to race for money so im hoping its back in time

My tranny is at FAST right now hes going to get it cut,1-4 5th/6th clutch my lockup will soon follow. I almost went with an air shifter set up and lock-up instead of tearing her down again air shifter set-up automatically cuts ignition to allow shifting but the one i like is $700 so needless to say shees in peices again hoping to be ready in a couple of weeks someone on here thinks im a lying scumbag and wants to race for money so im hoping its back in time

so how much does jeff charge to cuts a trans

bad idea on the air shifter..since it cuts the cdi when you shift you lose time.trust me been there done that..with the override you wont need one,but if you still want it get the air over air system.needs no power source and you wouldnt need to cut off the cdi when shifting.

with a lock up and no trans cut it will be hard to pull the clutch in to shift when your riding all out..

if its a dune only bike and you dont want to go with an override, just put some heavy springs on there and keep it adjusted right..

or if you only have a limited budget you could just get an override (if you dont mind dune riding with that).. if you start going into more dragging then just pick you up a lock up..