engine ice

AKheathen

I think engine ice is just a coolant antifreeze that has a tiny amount of dish soap, Or what ever is in it does the same thing.

Here is an experiment for you.

Take a Frying pan and fill it up with water and put it on the stove and start to boil it. You will notice that bubbles form on the bottom. This same thing suposdly happens in your cylinders and in the head when it heats up.

When the water is just about to boil in the frying pan put just a drop or two of dish soap in. It will break the surface tension between the bubbles and the bottom of the pan. That way you dont have air against the surface wich allows for more sufrace area for the coolant to make contact and Cool more effectivly.

damn, i'm gonna have to run dex-cool then. 13 below right now and getting colder. i already have some slush in there, and i'm sweating it :sweat:

Yeah suppose to be -35 tonight, wtf is up with this... Hasn't been this way in a while, maybe were slowly getting our winters back, havn't got all the snow yet but that will come.

Yeah suppose to be -35 tonight, wtf is up with this... Hasn't been this way in a while, maybe were slowly getting our winters back, havn't got all the snow yet but that will come.

omg i hope we do. mild winters suck. the past few years i've been running up the mountain to see if the park is open yet.

i'm only gonna run coolant that i know can handle the extreme cold, so ican just add some water wetter to some dexcool.

ohh look! :banana::bunny: it just dropped another couple degrees

omg i hope we do. mild winters suck. the past few years i've been running up the mountain to see if the park is open yet.

i'm only gonna run coolant that i know can handle the extreme cold, so ican just add some water wetter to some dexcool.

ohh look! :banana::bunny: it just dropped another couple degrees

You guys are nuckin futs! -35? Who needs that? And you like it! I suppose you get used to it after awhile but I wouldn't want to.

I get up to AK just about every year towards the end of May for a couple of weeks for work. Beautiful weather then! Would not catch me there in the winter for love nor money!

SP