pilot jet keeps getting clogged

Each time I go to ride the shee I have to take apart the carbs and unclog the pilots, and then it starts right up. It will also start no problem for the rest of the day. But if it sits for a day or more then I have to unclog them. I took off the tank and drained it and refilled it with fresh gas, and it still does it.

My question is could the cold weather be causing my oil (castor 927) to thicken and clog? The shee sits outside, and its gotten really cold (5-10 degrees). Anyone have a similar problem?

Each time I go to ride the shee I have to take apart the carbs and unclog the pilots, and then it starts right up. It will also start no problem for the rest of the day. But if it sits for a day or more then I have to unclog them. I took off the tank and drained it and refilled it with fresh gas, and it still does it.

My question is could the cold weather be causing my oil (castor 927) to thicken and clog? The shee sits outside, and its gotten really cold (5-10 degrees). Anyone have a similar problem?

What's your mixture? Your turning off the gas and cleaning out the carbs after each ride right?

up here in alaska i'm running torco GP-7 because i doesn't separate, cleans really well, has stabilizers in case you have to suddenly stop ridding for a while- (ie broken bone, or frostbite) and you can go alot leaner oil mix the colder it gets. i think castor has additive to prevent cold weather separation, but i don't like to worry about it. if i drain the carbs, frost forms inside, and i have to tap, and sometimes even heat the carbs up to get the fuel flowing, so i just shut it off, but not drain. i'm sure there are other oils out there that ere just as good or better, but i'm just tellin you what i like and why. :thumbsup:

btw- todays' high was -1 and dewpoint at -15, which means i have to make sure my carbs are full before it gets colder tonight

Edited by AKheathen

I've tried a few things. After the second time I turned the gas off and that didn't do it, and this past time I turned off the gas while it was idling and then let it burn the gas in the carbs. That didn't work either as it won't start again today. I have 27.5 pilots and when I take them off I can kinda see light coming through the holes, which makes me think that the clog is oil based.

I've tried a few things. After the second time I turned the gas off and that didn't do it, and this past time I turned off the gas while it was idling and then let it burn the gas in the carbs. That didn't work either as it won't start again today. I have 27.5 pilots and when I take them off I can kinda see light coming through the holes, which makes me think that the clog is oil based.

as stated before, the caster 927 needs suppliment to prevent separation below 35