Question from noob

Ok im really instrested in making my first ever built drag bike. but i have a few questions.

1. how much does it normally cost to make an extrememly fast racing bike.

2. What is a 10 mill engine

3. What to buy first when starting your build.

4. any other advice u can give me.

Thank u i fill kinda dumb for asking quesiton 2 its just i dont understand the 10mill. like are there different mills or what. im only 16 and this is my first race bike i will be building.

Ok im really instrested in making my first ever built drag bike. but i have a few questions.

1. how much does it normally cost to make an extrememly fast racing bike.

2. What is a 10 mill engine

3. What to buy first when starting your build.

4. any other advice u can give me.

Thank u i fill kinda dumb for asking quesiton 2 its just i dont understand the 10mill. like are there different mills or what. im only 16 and this is my first race bike i will be building.

1.Depending on what kind of racing you doing $3,000 to $10,000 and then some.

2.A motor with a 10mil crank

3.Pipes n a jet kit

4.Start saving money.

1.Depending on what kind of racing you doing $3,000 to $10,000 and then some.

2.A motor with a 10mil crank

3.Pipes n a jet kit

4.Start saving money.

thanks. well its gonna cost me about 500 to get it running. after that im gettinig like 150 to 200 a week. so ill go from there. im getting t-5 toomeys. are those good enough pipes. or should i get cpi .

Best advise I could give is to wait a couple months as you save money and read up.. I know its hard to wait but in the long run you would be happier with all parts that compliment each other on a set-up thats right to you..

RIPPEN

yeah. thats what i might do. im gonna get it runnin and then ride with friends. and save for about a month. wqork overtime a bunch. while on break. i might end up selling my paintball gun. and guitar. then ill have 6 months till the big fourwheeler trip to build it.

how much has your bike costed you so far rippen

To much, lol..

Um, got the bike for around 4,500, which is way more than I should have spent but it was atleast straight unlike all the rest I seen for the 4,000 range out here.. Then two complete rebuilds and all the stuff in between i figure around 10-11,000.. Everyone on this site will tell you, what you have will become a addiction and after time you will add everything up and be like damn-lol Its worth it though..

Otherwise like you said, if you get it going and just enjoy it a little before you buy anything I think you will find that a good way to go.. Give you a chance to get the feel of things and figure out what kinda riding you really wanna do and what direction you wanna go.. Not to mention it buys you some time to save up the cashola as it does go fast if your doing a exstensive build..

I mentioned before its best to start off on here doing reserch.. I would reserach all of the following and then some.. Hopefully some others will throw some stuff down to thats handy to ready up on..

Research:

Strokers.. You mentioned 10mill before.. Thats referencing the extra long stroke of the crank so it will be handy to search and read up on peoples 4mill,7mill,10mill, ect..

Research the different kinds of pipes.. Main two "families" are drag pipes like CPI, Shearer, Rockets, ect and then there are pipes that people use for all sorts of riding like T-5s, T-6s, Paul turners, DMC's, FMF's, ect.. These are only a few of the pipes for the respective "catagories"..

Research porting.. Quite possibly the most important mod when it comes to these things reguardless of riding type.. Porting is basicly the heart of the performance and pulls most all other mods together.. This topic like the rest has been covered a MILLION times here so a simple search of "porting" will school you tons.

Clutches and trans are a handy thing to know about as well.. Weather you wanna throw in a cheapy clutch or a F.A.S.T. racing clutch kit its been covered exstensivly and reviewed. Lockup clutches are popular in teh higher horsepower machines.. Also there are lots of craft trans and shifting mods that can be done to help with things.. Everything from a shift shaft mod with pancake bearing to a duneable or full overide trans..

That should keep you busy for a while..lol If your wanting more stuff to research Iam sure some of the other guys will post stuff they feel is important or handy to know. Feel free to ask questions as most of the guys here don't mind helping.. However searching is a very good way of getting a good all around knowledge.. Good luck and welcome to HQ

RIPPEN

I didn't read RIPPENS long ass reply cause i'm tired but if you go with a 10mill you have to trench cases to fit the crank as well. I'm 90% done building my 10mill drag bike with no shortcuts and i've got 15k give or take invested in mine.

When do you project to have your bike done, Kaos? I'd like to see some vids of it running, bet that thing's gonna scream.

Listen to RIPPEN. Everything he mentioned is spot on, and he has the experience to tell you everything you need to know. And be sure to hit up the site sponsor, Jeff at F.A.S.T. He can give you input and get you parts. He has built a lot of quads for a lot of people and he knows just about what every part does for every bike. :cool: