Case savers

jamebo

I need to get a case saver, I was checking RMATV and they have two kinds: plastic or billet aluminum. Are there any protection benefits with one over the other, or is it just a preference thing?

I think it is more of a preferance thing but i like the plastic ones just becase if you do throw a chain it is easier to clean the plastic one back up and make it look good again.

I need to get a case saver, I was checking RMATV and they have two kinds: plastic or billet aluminum. Are there any protection benefits with one over the other, or is it just a preference thing?

i have tm case saver. its plastic

dont know which is better because i have not seen either one put up to the test. however when my chain does snap ill update you on the plastic one, lol

Edited by peterlocal22

I run the billet aluminum one. Don't get it if you are moving up on sprockets sizes. Mine is shaped so really only a 13 tooth can fit it just right. the 14 tooth is almost touching it. Also the shaping isn't going to allow a chain to bind up inside the one I got. I should have gotten a plastic one.

I would definatly recomend the plastic. It will give enough not to damage were it is mounted. The TM one is great. However, they are expensive. I have THIS ONE. Not only does it brace itself better, it is far less expensive. You can paint it any color and moddify it if needed. I have one on my banshee.

EDIT: Just relized this one is only 5 buks cheaper. Either this is not the one I have or they jumped their prices 2fold. I only paid $20 for mine that looks identical to those about 2 years ago. :shrug:

Edited by boneyardbanshee.

damn, everybody beat me to it. the plastics are better, because they won't crack your case like the aluminum ones, which kind of defeat the purpose, leaving you with a polished turd :biggrin: however, the one that rollin rhino has would work, because the clearances are so close that the chain won't bind up in the case because it's ridding in the groove, adn stil locked to the sproket untill it's pushed out of the case and clear of damage. and rihno, if you wanna buy a plastic one, maybey we can work somethin out on that billet one?

I'll join the choir here. I too would recommend the plastic, I've seen cases break with both styles though...just depends how bad the chain binds up. But, the platic gives a little more so it will better absorb the blow. One thing not yet mentioned is that the plastic are lighter, if weight savings are of any concern.