porting question?

im looking to get a port job what should it be. i ride the street and ill hit a trail or a home made track but i manly ride the streets but im looking to get into mx so im going to do that. what type of port job should i get thow???????? if u need to know the mods on the engine i have it bored .40 and im putting a cool head on it with either 18cc domes or 21cc domes havent decided yet and i have a moto fast 2 into 1 pipe. i herd of mx ports and low end power ports mid to high or high end ports or agressive ports. any thing other than that i dont know. so if some one can help by hucking me up with info that would be nice.

im looking to get a port job what should it be. i ride the street and ill hit a trail or a home made track but i manly ride the streets but im looking to get into mx so im going to do that. what type of port job should i get thow???????? if u need to know the mods on the engine i have it bored .40 and im putting a cool head on it with either 18cc domes or 21cc domes havent decided yet and i have a moto fast 2 into 1 pipe. i herd of mx ports and low end power ports mid to high or high end ports or agressive ports. any thing other than that i dont know. so if some one can help by hucking me up with info that would be nice.

Dude, 18cc to a 21cc is a pretty big jump. What exactly are you looking for?

Sp

im running at like 450 above sea level and i was thinking of running 18's but some guy told me to run 21's. im just looking to go fast at the track and to just fool around.

The lower your CCs the higher your compression on a given motor. The higher your compression the higher octane fuel you must run on any motor to prevent detonation. Your altitude and your porting will effect your compression. So everything kinda ties together. You really should talk to the guy you want doing the porting to determine the compression as the durations play a big part in the calculations.

SP

im running at like 450 above sea level and i was thinking of running 18's but some guy told me to run 21's. im just looking to go fast at the track and to just fool around.

What kind of fuel do you want to run? 93 octane, some type of race fuel, to run pump 93 octane at 450ft you should stay around 21's.

do you know a cheap place to get a good port job and like i said what type of port work should i get and yah i plan on runing 93 with octane boost so i would run 103

IMO don't just do a cheap port job. The difference between a cheap port job and a quality job is a couple hundred bucks and worth a ton more! There are several good builders on here that are reasonably priced and you wont regret for sure. Herr Jugs, FAST Racing, Passion, and the list goes on. Check around, find someone your comfortable with and you will be glad you didn't short yourself. Don't take my word for it, ask the other guys here, porting is the heart of it.

any sugestions on who to go to and like i sais what style port thats the only thing im confused about what should i look for a hard power band a smooth one low end power mid rangw power or all top end agressive trail port mx port what please help

Any good motor builder will answer all your questions and will port and build your bike accordingly,they will tell you what pipe carbs and timing and compression and everthing esle involved. DON'T go cheap on your port job it is EVERYTHING when it comes to a 2 stroke.

IMO don't just do a cheap port job. The difference between a cheap port job and a quality job is a couple hundred bucks and worth a ton more! There are several good builders on here that are reasonably priced and you wont regret for sure. Herr Jugs, FAST Racing, Passion, and the list goes on. Check around, find someone your comfortable with and you will be glad you didn't short yourself. Don't take my word for it, ask the other guys here, porting is the heart of it.

Check around, find someone your comfortable with and you will be glad you didn't short yourself.