Want to build a sleeper

uwenr

I never had a problem with them overheating but could never get a cost per horse power ratio I wanted out of them. I think 4 and 7 mil cranks in the stock sleeves and head do real well for a sleeper. Cost per horse power ratio is worth that build.

I want to build a sleeper with big bore sleeves in a stock cylinder. Ive seen a few online, vitos 68mm, LA sleeve 68mm, Trinity 72mm.

Here's the problem....

When you get bigger sleeves in the stockers, you are very limited to how much the transfers can flow....

68mm is as big as I'd go in stockers.

Vitos has a new line of cylinders that "look" very stock...only a close inspection will give it away... However, they need to be ported, just like a sleeved OEM cylinder would have to be.

I would think about a bigger stroke crank faster than I would a bigger bore. I would look into who can build you a 10mm stroker with a sleeve and stock head. The sleeve actually runs up into the head...and the head is cut/recessed accordingly.

Very few people can get it to work and work well...but that is a better option.

If not...a 4 mil with stock cylinders is very doable...as well as getting the head cut, you will NOT be able to tell from looking on the outside either.

Edit ** Kevin beat me to it...great minds think alike...LOL

Edited by dajogejr

Thoes are the ones I have. First bore is 66mm last bore is 68mm.

I can see where those huge sleeves choak the transfers, but the ones I have are not really noticeable.

I bought my 4mill cylinders ported but they needed to be resleeved due to a cracked sleeve. I got the cylinders for a really good price. I have about $450 in the cylinders.

Like the guys said it isnt cost effective if you have to pay for a port job then pay for the resleeve.

Here's the problem....

When you get bigger sleeves in the stockers, you are very limited to how much the transfers can flow....

Vitos has a new line of cylinders that "look" very stock...only a close inspection will give it away... However, they need to be ported, just like a sleeved OEM cylinder would have to be.

I would think about a bigger stroke crank faster than I would a bigger bore. I would look into who can build you a 10mm stroker with a sleeve and stock head. The sleeve actually runs up into the head...and the head is cut/recessed accordingly.

Very few people can get it to work and work well...but that is a better option.

If not...a 4 mil with stock cylinders is very doable...as well as getting the head cut, you will NOT be able to tell from looking on the outside either.

Edit ** Kevin beat me to it...great minds think alike...LOL

My builder has built a 10 mil stock cylinder, I didnt like the way it looked. You could tell easily that it had been modified. Im currently running a 7 mil crank 66mm pistons in stock cylinders with the head chambered. I was thinking the 7 mil crank with a bigger bore should move me to like a 443.

My builder has built a 10 mil stock cylinder, I didnt like the way it looked. You could tell easily that it had been modified. Im currently running a 7 mil crank 66mm pistons in stock cylinders with the head chambered. I was thinking the 7 mil crank with a bigger bore should move me to like a 443.

To be 100% honest, I don't think you'll gain much HP going from a 66 to say...68mm. Again, if you welded the transfers for more room...sure. But, you don't want that look.

I've seen a 10mm setup you couldn't even tell from the outside.

The sleeve of the 10mm I've seen goes WAY up into the head...but, you can't tell from the outside.

You're at or near the limit of stockers...the HP per dollar spent going forwards isn't very enticing to be honest....

Are you already on methanol, lockup, override?

To be 100% honest, I don't think you'll gain much HP going from a 66 to say...68mm. Again, if you welded the transfers for more room...sure. But, you don't want that look.

I've seen a 10mm setup you couldn't even tell from the outside.

The sleeve of the 10mm I've seen goes WAY up into the head...but, you can't tell from the outside.

You're at or near the limit of stockers...the HP per dollar spent going forwards isn't very enticing to be honest....

Are you already on methanol, lockup, override?

Ya, 7 Mil billet crank, 2-5 override, DD lockup 750 friction plates, 39mm keihins on alky CPI big bore pipes. I would try the 10 but I already have the 7 crank

Edited by uwenr

To be honest...

Anyone in the game would know those are not stock cylinders.

5mm higher deck height (since the sleeve is flush with the deck) is noticeable...and something about the exhaust side doesn't look right, like more is added (no doubt for a triple exhaust port)...

And with a 535cc motor...anyone you pull a half track on with a true 350 motor is going to know....you simply can't make that up.

Sleeper and Cheater run hand in hand....if heads up classes in an organized race with money on the line were in play, I would call you out.

For dune and play racing with your bros....knock 'em dead.

If you tried to run that in my class at Planet Sand, I'd definately call you out.....LOL.

Edited by dajogejr

Thanks, yeah I only race with friends at the dunes or at the river bottom nothing serious. Just looking for just a bit more, my bike already beats the cheetah 4 mils. I think I will just suck it up and get a cub for my 7 mil crank. Can you run a stock head on a super cub or is the head bolts to far apart?