need some help from you modded banshee guys!

hey all, i have a 98 banshee that i absolutely love. its my baby but its getting a little old for me. At one time it was the fastest thing i had ever road and now im kinda bored. My question is what should my next mod be? So far i have tried to kinda build it for low end grunt and excelleration because thats what really thrills me the most. I dont usually ride in sand but i climb alot of hills and play around on mx tracks and stuff. I also like to trail ride alot. So far to the engine i have

New top end

adjustable stator set at +3 i think it was

b-cool head with 19cc domes

ported head with an agressive trail port

trinity 2 into 1 carb set up with the 33mm carb and k&n

v-force 3 reeds

had toomy t-6 pipes but changed to fmf gnarly's. actually kinda like them but might switch to t-5's or dmc

have it geared down a tooth i believe it was to gimme a little more low end.

suspension wise i have a full set of elkas

i have kenda claw rear tires and maxis razr fronts.

Not sure what else to do. I run 93 octane fuel as is and i dont really want to go more than that. I was thinking about going with a big bore kit but have heard alot of bad about them. So what do you guys think? What kinda mods do you have that you like? Thanks!

I would go with a more agressive port job and run a dual PWK 33 carb setup. A 2:1 carb kills top end power. A nice dune/play port with T5's and a pair of PWK's would be a nice mid to top end gain. If you have a little more cash to play with I would thow a 4mill crank in there. That will help out with the mid range.

The crank will give you more midrange to ride on. Or you can exchange the extra midrange (more agressive port job) and gain even more top end.

4 strokes have low end grunt

2 strokes have top end HP.

can you put a 4mill crank on a ported motor? I was under the impression you couldnt because of the change in port timing? I hear that alot that 4 strokes have grunt and 2 strokes have hp and thats fine and also true but i have a 400ex and a yfz along with my banshee and my banshee is by far the funnest and the fastest to ride but where i ride im ususally on and off the throttle and i want that hit to come from bottum to mid range. Top end speed is great i just dont really have it wide open all that much. Its just kinda my project so i try and see what i can make it. Im pretty sure i am going back to the t-5s though. Also will having the dual carbs take away my "dead spot" in the mid range? Thanks

I would go with a more agressive port job and run a dual PWK 33 carb setup. A 2:1 carb kills top end power. A nice dune/play port with T5's and a pair of PWK's would be a nice mid to top end gain. If you have a little more cash to play with I would thow a 4mill crank in there. That will help out with the mid range.

The crank will give you more midrange to ride on. Or you can exchange the extra midrange (more agressive port job) and gain even more top end.

4 strokes have low end grunt

2 strokes have top end HP.

um, the yfz motor was built to turn high rpm's but not have a lot of low end grunt (essentially a de-stroker) a big bore raptor (660 or 700) is really what you're looking for, but.... if you're willin to pony up, then go with a stoker. you're past the bolt on stage (other than a cdi programmed for what you want) You could spend you money tryin to get a little here and there, but dounds like that would be just dicking around for you. if you go real agressive with the porting now, you'll need new juggs for a stroker. get with a shop, tell him what you want, and exactly what porting you have, and have him see you through to finish. a reputable builder can tell you what to run with his work and you won't be buying things now that you can't use later. he may be able to re- port your cylinders, depending on the porting now, for a 4mil stroker, or perhaps some power valve jugs with even more stroke. it really depends on how far you're willing to go