Easiest HP gain?

rynophiliac

Hey thanks for the ideas,

these are all relativeley new to me cause im been a four stroke guy my whole life so if you could share alittle more info about each mod that would be great.

the v force reeds i looked them up looks like they go for about $200, it looks like the bolt in between the carbs and the intake valve? I could be wrong.

as for porting, how much does this cost? I assume i must have a shop do this?

the FAST head, how much is that?

also i looked up the timing thing and it looks like there are several options, what is the best route to take.

Thanks a lot for the info guys, also i would like to stay on 91 octane and it would be nice if i could still keep it starting first kick, so do any of these mods jepeordize taht?

thanks alot for your help

here is a pic:

the one in the back ground is my roomates, its all stock except reeds

Like Jeff said, you can find everything on his website. I would recommend porting before the reed replacement. Porting is the biggest bang for your buck. After you have the porting done you will really benifit from the after market reed valves. You may not see much improvement with them on a stock motor. Stock reed cages aren't bad, but would definately replace the petals if you decide to stick with the stock cages.

Also, if you go with a F.A.S.T. head before you port the motor, you may need to buy another set of domes after porting to get your compression where you want it.

Basically what I am saying is, I would port the motor first and then add all of the supporting mods to compliment your port job. You won't be disappointed!

Timing is something that will really wake up even a stock motor. I would say any timing plate is fine. This part takes no stress so a cast plate is just as good as a billet plate, IMO. You should be able to find one of these for about $35.

As long as you keep your compression under 150 psi you should be able to run pump gas.

SP

ya but porting a 2 stroke you can change the "lift and duration" of when that port opens and how long the air is coming in for.. so your theory is bunk..

That is exactly what I ment. Trying to explain that there is more to porting then just hoging out the ports to make them flow more.

When you port a 2 stroke you change the durations witch is what happens when you swap cams in a 4 stroke.

josh

Ok, so Ive always been a four stroke guy,

just traded for a sick banshee. Took it out today and smoked everyone i raced, untill a 250r pulled up with a 330 sticker on the tank and he roasted me.

I was just wondering what you guys recommend for quick easy hp gains for easy relatively low cost mods.

heres what ive got so far

64.5mm Wiseco pistons

Toomey T5 pipes

+4 swingarm

K&N filters ( with bigger jets)

what else can i do to this machine to get it going faster?? All suggestions are welcome.

g

thanks alot

IMO the quickest and cheapest is a timing plate set at +6. Ricky stator makes one for around $45. Mill the head for like $50 way cheaper and more reliable than a cool head. Race gas. And gearing, dont know what you have and what you weigh but I would start around 15 front 42 rear. You could do all of this for around $150.

Edited by uwenr